• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN FY 24 IWC DCO Reserve Board

What did your recruiter say when you asked them?

Hint: if you didn’t, please see above.
Thanks for replying,

I've read through your shared links before, and they were helpful.
I did ask all the questions I could think of at the time.

To be more specific, I wanted to know what to expect at my first drill.
I was confused when told I'd be going to drill before ODS. Some of the other specifics that I asked pertained to IP specifics -- I've never been in touch with an IP during this entire process, only pieced together things that I've gathered from various sources.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Thanks for replying,

I was confused when told I'd be going to drill before ODS. Some of the other specifics that I asked pertained to IP specifics -- I've never been in touch with an IP during this entire process, only pieced together things that I've gathered from various sources.
Welcome aboard. You will await your FINSEL letter, sign your RRA agreement, and swear in with your recruiter. Then you’ll wait to be gained by your NRC and receive instruction about indoc and your first DWE. You will have to do PHA, get your GTCC, and some other readiness/admin. You’ll work with NRC Training Dept about a quota to ODS, attend ODS in Newport, then attend IPBC in either Dam Neck or Pcola - can’t remember which. You’ll meet people and learn more gouge from there…

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang
Thanks for replying,

You could expect to attend your first drill at the NRC before going to your assigned command. Then plan on maybe 2-3 DWE (drill weekends) until attending ODS. This integration to your command before ODS is very rewarding as you’ll get to meet officers whom maybe have just got back from ODS and or other JOs whom will help groom you. I know it feels cold and dark right now, but trust in the process that you’ll be checking onboard soon and it’ll make sense once the wheels are turning.

Personally speaking- our team have a few butter bars awaiting ODS w follow-on schools to CWOIBC or IP. Meanwhile we hold in-house training, GMT, and participate with the MOBEXs that litter our schedule

number9

Contributor
Welcome aboard. You will await your FINSEL letter, sign your RRA agreement, and swear in with your recruiter. Then you’ll wait to be gained by your NRC and receive instruction about indoc and your first DWE. You will have to do PHA, get your GTCC, and some other readiness/admin. You’ll work with NRC Training Dept about a quota to ODS, attend ODS in Newport, then attend IPBC in either Dam Neck or Pcola - can’t remember which. You’ll meet people and learn more gouge from there…
IP Basic school is in Dam Neck.

Bloppers

Are these all the training requirements for a new IP officer?

Development School (five weeks)
IP Officers attend the Information Warfare Basic Course (three weeks)
IP Basic Course (twenty weeks). IP Officers must complete the IP Basic Officer Qualification Program within 36 months from the date of Commissioning

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Are these all the training requirements for a new IP officer?

Development School (five weeks)
IP Officers attend the Information Warfare Basic Course (three weeks)
IP Basic Course (twenty weeks). IP Officers must complete the IP Basic Officer Qualification Program within 36 months from the date of Commissioning
IWBC is not a requirement for 18X5.

IWO qual within 60 months of commissioning.

RDIVOLC or RILC every 5 years.