• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

number9

Contributor
You’ll receive notification in mid November. If selected, expect to commission no earlier than March. Expect to be gained maybe a month or two after that. ODS within 12 months.
ODS within 12 months of commissioning, right? As opposed to FINSEL or gaining.

GCJ8404

Just heard back from a former fellow candidate who was at the Suppo board a few months back....he stated it took 6wks from when his board met, until folks received selection answers. So that puts us in the first week of November as someone stated before. Hurry up and wait!

tr2190

Just heard back from a former fellow candidate who was at the Suppo board a few months back....he stated it took 6wks from when his board met, until folks received selection answers. So that puts us in the first week of November as someone stated before. Hurry up and wait!
4.5 weeks to go! Not that I'm counting or anything..

tr2190

I know it's a long shot but does anyone know how many applications were submitted and or whether this board is more competitive than previous boards? I know these boards vary depending on a host of factors. Just wondering what this one looked like.

GCJ8404

I know it's a long shot but does anyone know how many applications were submitted and or whether this board is more competitive than previous boards? I know these boards vary depending on a host of factors. Just wondering what this one looked like.
Probably hard to tell...remember this board was for all of IWC (IP, CW, Intel, Oceano). Which designator(s) did you go for? For what it's worth, my OR told me earlier this year, that this board (20-Sept) would be picking more numbers than the earlier board this year. We'll see.

tr2190

Probably hard to tell...remember this board was for all of IWC (IP, CW, Intel, Oceano). Which designator(s) did you go for? For what it's worth, my OR told me earlier this year, that this board (20-Sept) would be picking more numbers than the earlier board this year. We'll see.
Thank you! I went for intel.

jh81

4.5 weeks to go! Not that I'm counting or anything..

I'll be rooting for you all from the sidelines. After reading through the site, I think my appraisals will tank me for sure. I have one outlier score that's not outright terrible, but definitely not in the customary 9-10 range. At least on the plus side it takes the edge off an otherwise long wait.

jzz001

I'll be rooting for you all from the sidelines. After reading through the site, I think my appraisals will tank me for sure. I have one outlier score that's not outright terrible, but definitely not in the customary 9-10 range. At least on the plus side it takes the edge off an otherwise long wait.

A mentor told me that in recent years, the selection rate for 1835 candidates has hovered around 40%. So, there‘s some hope if you’re otherwise qualified, and the board members will evaluate your kit based on a whole person concept, and not just your interview scores! Hang in there and keep the faith.

exNavyOffRec

A mentor told me that in recent years, the selection rate for 1835 candidates has hovered around 40%. So, there‘s some hope if you’re otherwise qualified, and the board members will evaluate your kit based on a whole person concept, and not just your interview scores! Hang in there and keep the faith.
Interviews are a very big factor it is extremely rare for a person to get selected that doesn't have 10's or 10's and 9's, so rare in fact that for several years I didn't see a single person from my NRD get picked that didn't have 10's

jzz001

Interviews are a very big factor it is extremely rare for a person to get selected that doesn't have 10's or 10's and 9's, so rare in fact that for several years I didn't see a single person from my NRD get picked that didn't have 10's

Wow, that’s intense but good to know. My recruiter didn’t disclose my scores, but he indicated that “my interview appraisals were all outstanding,” so hopefully that’s a good sign... haha

GCJ8404

Wow, that’s intense but good to know. My recruiter didn’t disclose my scores, but he indicated that “my interview appraisals were all outstanding,” so hopefully that’s a good sign... haha
So you're still in the "running" here, so resume your "hurry up and wait" stance. LOL