• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY-21 CDR Board

taxi1

pilot
Nope, but was screened on the most recent O-5 board in the USAF.

There’s an obscure DoD instruction that covers situations like this so went ahead and submitted paperwork to have the promotion carry over.

The kicker, a very good chance to screen for O-5 in the AF (90% selection rate), so a very real possibility of picking up CDR and LtCol in the same year. ?‍♂️
That’s a lot of wetting of the down

snake020

Contributor
Nope, but was screened on the most recent O-5 board in the USAF.

There’s an obscure DoD instruction that covers situations like this so went ahead and submitted paperwork to have the promotion carry over.

The kicker, a very good chance to screen for O-5 in the AF (90% selection rate), so a very real possibility of picking up CDR and LtCol in the same year. ?‍♂️
Different experience than mine. I had a conditional release from Navy Reserve as a LT and AF Reserve kept kicking around my transfer paperwork for about a year. Was selected for LCDR, AF officer recruiter said we'd have to start the process from scratch because it'd require a scroll going to SECDEF to change my transfer from Capt to Maj, estimated 8 more months, blah blah blah. Said thanks but no thanks.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I can one up you guys on that. In a previous year officer promotion board, they selected a guy who had been dead for almost a year before the board. In case you're wondering, yes, the PCR and special fitrep were promptly submitted long before the board convened.

Remaining details withheld to protect the innocent...

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
I can one up you guys on that. In a previous year officer promotion board, they selected a guy who had been dead for almost a year before the board. In case you're wondering, yes, the PCR and special fitrep were promptly submitted long before the board convened.

So the bar is actually lower than fogging a mirror. Neat.

snake020

Contributor

Wonder how the non-selectees felt when/if they found out.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Special FITREP? I'm pretty sure if I kick the can, that's the last thing my next of kin would be worried about. I mean, what would it do? "Submitted on the occasion of LCDR W.T. Door's tragic and untimely demise on 15 March 2020. Trait average not respective of truly outstanding performance, as I am taking this unfortunate opportunity to manage my average?"