• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN FY-16 Reserve O-4 Select List is out

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
So do they schedule my lobotomy for me, or will something go bump in the night and it's done by the morning?

It was a tough list to look at though, like Gator said there's a few names I was hoping to see but didn't.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
They still get one more look though, right?

They get two regardless of how many looks on the active side. A guy here in my squadron picked up O-4 on this board that had FOS'd twice on the active side (he's FTS).

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They get two regardless of how many looks on the active side. A guy here in my squadron picked up O-4 on this board that had FOS'd twice on the active side (he's FTS).

I know a few SELRES who have been picked up in their second look in the reserves, fourth overall, and MB who apparently was picked up on his third look in the reserves, fifth overall.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
They still get one more look though, right?

The guys I'm talking about are x2 FOS on the FTS side, even with deployments on their paper. Like I said...ouch.

So do they schedule my lobotomy for me, or will something go bump in the night and it's done by the morning?

They'll come out with the precedence list soon and it will give you a rough idea. I put it on one month prior to my O-3 DOR, but I was also a May commissioned guy. Things seem to get screwy the later in the year you are commissioned.

I felt pretty dirty and disgusted with myself for several weeks. That went away once I got back to the boat where it helped in not having to put up with a lot of Shoe reindeer games.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I felt pretty dirty and disgusted with myself for several weeks. That went away once I got back to the boat where it helped in not having to put up with a lot of Shoe reindeer games.
With the added reindeer game of getting saluted and "sir'd" by all these Goddamned shoe LTs. Makes me want to check over my shoulder to see if the CO is following me. Sheesh.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Congrats. On the active side, it looks like we're gonna have to wait until Sep for the good/bad news, unless someone's actually walking the ROP around the pentagon.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
That means all those slain get an extra month or two of pay! Guess the bean counters haven't counted those beans yet - nSep'd x 2mos x LT Pay is an expensive delay to the board.

Reactions: IKE

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
That means all those slain get an extra month or two of pay! Guess the bean counters haven't counted those beans yet - nSep'd x 2mos x LT Pay is an expensive delay to the board.
Also puts people in the position of getting another periodic fitrep, which will be interesting to see.