• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy 11 sta 21 applicants

Bill3753

I assumed you viewed the FY-11 STA-21 Stats a Scores page, which I'm now going to assume you and wlawr005 didn't. It's a list of your own qualifications, awards, warfare devices, education, evals, PFA's, and so on. It was primarily just to look at the rest of the competition.

Where can I find it? I'll figure it out if I know where to look it up.

Bill3753

Applied for: HR (Second time applying, Alternate last year)
EVALS: EP, EP, EP, MP (First at new command after short time on board), EP (All have recommendation for STA-21)
College: 26 Credits
High School: 3.28 GPA
Awards: 5 NAM's, 1 Good Conduct, 2 ADM LOC's, Junior Sailor of the Quarter, Junior Sailor of the Year, Sailor of the Quarter.
TIS: 5 Years 10 Months
LOR: 1 From old CO, 1 From old XO
ACT: Composite Score 26
PRT: SAT High, Good Low, Good Medium
Warfare qual: SS

STS2_Traku

I'm sitting at 2 of 10 - 20% with a possibility of being that 1 guy that was not qualified. SWO/IP

Don't worry.. I think that 1 guy was me.. Even though I am about 6 classes away from completing my degree, my I turn 28 on January of 2012.... So I think that dq'd me.. =/

ChrisLC710

FY10 Intel Alternate
Applied for: HR (Second time applying, Alternate last year)
EVALS: EP, EP, EP, MP (First at new command after short time on board), EP (All have recommendation for STA-21)
College: 26 Credits
High School: 3.28 GPA
Awards: 5 NAM's, 1 Good Conduct, 2 ADM LOC's, Junior Sailor of the Quarter, Junior Sailor of the Year, Sailor of the Quarter.
TIS: 5 Years 10 Months
LOR: 1 From old CO, 1 From old XO
ACT: Composite Score 26
PRT: SAT High, Good Low, Good Medium
Warfare qual: SS

Bill, sounds like you have a great package except for your PRT scores. As per the instruction Chap 8 pg. 8-6 "k. Have passed a PFA test taken within the year of application obtaining a good high or better (no waivers). "
I know thats a new addition to the instruction and it doesnt say that on the website itself so maybe it will be overlooked on your packge, but i wouldnt chance it next year if you don't get picked up this year. Good luck.

jriggs11784

Don't worry.. I think that 1 guy was me.. Even though I am about 6 classes away from completing my degree, my I turn 28 on January of 2012.... So I think that dq'd me.. =/

6 classes is way is closer than I am and I turn 28 in November 2012. I have 70 total credits right now. I would think that you would be a really good candidate. Plus, they don't have to wait long before they would commission you.

timmyhoffa

FY-12 SWO/ED Selectee
I called Mike and asked about the changes to the PRT instruction. He said that you don't have to have a good high to be board eligible or selected, you just have to score that on the PRT at NSI in order to graduate. My brother was selected last year and told me a few people got dropped from the program because of this rule.

ansley

I know for my CORE package they determined that I was too old PRIOR to it even going to the board, and those comments were added to the bottom of my application status page in netfocus a week after I submitted my package.... so I think you would know. I could always be wrong. Just thought I'd share that with you. Good luck! I think I'm the 1 person that didn't qualify for OCEANO... so I feel your pain

ansley

yeah. didn't mean to post something twice... blogging on my phone isn't as easy as I thought it would be...

Drock88

6 classes is way is closer than I am and I turn 28 in November 2012. I have 70 total credits right now. I would think that you would be a really good candidate. Plus, they don't have to wait long before they would commission you.

As true as this statement is; I object to its logic.

Why not decline this guys because he can just take the 6 classes and apply to OCS next year, and select a guy who still has 2 or so years of full time school before his degree?

Just a rant, but I feel like STA-21 boards selecting these canidates that are so close to a bachelors are getting away from what the program was originally designed for. I guess I am jealous because I know my chances are low with only 12 credits at the time of the package being due

jriggs11784

As true as this statement is; I object to its logic.

Why not decline this guys because he can just take the 6 classes and apply to OCS next year, and select a guy who still has 2 or so years of full time school before his degree?

Just a rant, but I feel like STA-21 boards selecting these canidates that are so close to a bachelors are getting away from what the program was originally designed for. I guess I am jealous because I know my chances are low with only 12 credits at the time of the package being due

Never looked at it that way, good point and I agree. Either way, good luck with STA and if not STA then good luck with OCS!