• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 07 Pipeline Numbers

For all the FY 07 Marines selecting this year..

PILOTS – 345 TOTAL
R/W – 193
F/W – 102
Maritime – 30
Tilt Rotor – 20

NFO’S – 32 TOTAL
WSO – 16
ECMO – 16

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
I am curently a NFO contract at TBS and I would like Hornets. My question is what are the determining factors in being selected for ECMO or WSO and when does this selection take place?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
For all the FY 07 Marines selecting this year..

PILOTS – 345 TOTAL
R/W – 193
F/W – 102
Maritime – 30
Tilt Rotor – 20

NFO’S – 32 TOTAL
WSO – 16
ECMO – 16

I'd be interested to know where those numbers came from, as well. Pretty suspect. If you average 5 Marines a week getting R/W, that's roughly 250 guys. And 5 a week is pretty low.

Crowbar

None
My question is what are the determining factors in being selected for ECMO or WSO and when does this selection take place?

NEEDS OF THE MARINE CORPS. Your performance throughout flight school and your desires will be taken into account but as always they come behind needs of the Marine Corps.

For Marines, selection happens about 3-4 months after starting advanced (VT-86), so roughly 9-10 months after starting primary.

Edit: Add me to the list that wants to know the source for these numbers.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The numbers are from the horses mouth..

Were buried in a pipeline brief powerpoint recently sent out from the MOC.

Can you put that in English? Who's the horse? MOC? I'm sure that's something every Marine knows, but for those of us that don't. I'm still not buying the numbers, especially when total throughput and rotary numbers went up for FY-07.

Crowbar

None
MOC=Marine Officer Control at MATSG.

I'm still curious as to who produced and disseminated this brief. It could be legitimate. But with information that definitive, it needs a little more credibility than, "buried in a pipeline brief powerpoint recently sent out from the MOC".

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Thanks for the clarification.

Here's my problem w/ the numbers: If one squadron put out one Marine every week to go rotary (or more likely, 2 Marines every other week), that's 52 from one squadron. This is very easy to do. That's 52 Marines for R/W, times 5 Navy squadrons. We're already over 250. Now add Vance's numbers to that. Just seems a bit off to me.

USMC_NA

i agree, but do remember vance only puts out about two per month and they are split over classes to give them the highest ranking for that respective class........ie jones and miller both get 75 NSS jones is placed in ranking against a class that graduates one week while miller is placed against another so they both get number one (assuming no one from whiting or corpus gets above a 74)

jfulginiti

pilot
None
I worked at the MOC last year before going to VT-86 and those numbers seem accurate to me. Over 50% of pilots going R/W? Yep, they're about the same as last year. If the MOC is briefing them, then they're true. The numbers come from DCA (Deputy Commandant for Aviation), HQMC, etc etc...... the MOC doesn't just make them up. You have to figure in FY carryover too. IE... everyone that starts in FY07 isn't going to finish in FY07. Makes it kind of confusing but there are guys who started in FY06 that will get some of those RW spots this year. And there will be guys who start this year but won't wing until FY08.