• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fun mid-life crisis toy

USFpilot06

pilot
I saw a post the other day with a pretty cool model of an F-18 in the hangar, I thought this toy model was pretty cool too...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mefesto said:
That things probably faster than the real Rhino... SNAP!

At least we're not old and busted. How's that Lot 8 working for you?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mefesto said:
Old and reliable! I knew you'd post in record time... now catch me if you can!

Silly man, in with the new, out with the old, b!tch!

(Of course I'd post in record time, duh)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Airplanes can't turn right... everyone knows that.

But of course! Once you put the gear and hook down that feature gets disabled. At least in the pilot.:icon_tong

MasterBates

You guys would hate mayport....

As to the model.. I WANT ONE! And the ability to fly it properly. Cant be much worse than an RC helo, right?

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
I could be wrong but I imagine landing that must be extremely difficult. Sweet video though, and the exhaust sound has a lot more balls than I would have thought.

USFpilot06

pilot
Oh and it gets even better, there is acompany out of Germany tahat makes these engines with afterburners... On epatron has already invested in the (I'm guessing) $5k+ engine. He also put it on a model F-18, the results??

Ouch...

USFpilot06

pilot
Honestly I'm not sure but I think it depends on how much detail you want to put into it, I have seen "low end" ones that run about 4k for everything and high end ones with working flaps, gear, spoilers, air brakes, dual engines, working canopies on and on and on for about 15k. Needless to say.... not a poor mans sport...
Heres another one to tickle your funny bone I think this one was like $15 or 20k
http://www.stukastudios.se/eldb52/movies.htm