• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FULL DISCLOSURE - Does HSV 2 (Genital Herpes) Disqualify from Marine Flight school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
haha if you read ahead you would know that that same percentage is equivalent to one out of every 6 persons... "Nationwide, 16.2%, or about one out of six, people aged 14 to 49 years have genital HSV-2 infection."

You know, you can "disagree" with Robav8r, but he brings up a valid point. What we foster here is a self-help program. Part of the journey to becoming an Officer is seeking out the information and being proactive in your quest. You can claim to be "new here," all you want, but that doesn't mean that when someone gives you some advice, especially someone with wings here, that you poop on his rep just because you don't like the answer. In fact, that may be the point where you throttle back a bit.

The site isn't here to give you all the answers. It's here to help you when you have a question while going through the process that we all have gone through...many of us before a site like this existed.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The site isn't here to give you all the answers.
dont-believe-everything-you-see-on-the-internet.jpg

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Zippy - this is "Air Warriors" not webMD. Also, it takes about 20 seconds to scour the site and discover the Doc's Corner section. Maybe a better approach would have been to ask the general audience: "Hey, iv'e got a personal, medically related question and how it might affect my eligibility for a flight contract - where should I go?" Yes, all of us can be a bit "rough" here on the interwebs, but that shouldn't be an excuse to the OP for his intellectual laziness. Humor, sarcasm and yes, having the depth of your skin analyzed, are all good teaching tools.

Rob, I'm perfectly aware of what website this is and how we operate here. Sometimes we lose prospective on things and treat new people like shit in a way that's a little too VP and SWO, IMO. We've been bleeding people left and right lately. Both winged guys and new guys- the next generation of our profession. Might be a good time for some self reflection as a group why we've really begun to drive people away. It's not because our job sucks, it's mainly been our personalities.

CAMike

None
Contributor
Geez, I'm proud to be a homely SWO. You wannbe 1310's are UNSANitary! or- is that a Safety Violation prior to Commissioning harrierdude?

The DI's would certainly enjoy making you etch "Golf Hotel" or "GH Company" on the back of your Class T-Shirt.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB BABY!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
oh really?
;)

Well, it does burn when I pee........

Seriously, I am now just curious what the answer is. I looked through the waiver guide couldn't find a thing and a Google search wasn't too helpful since the results just consisted of random people saying yes or no.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You can claim to be "new here," all you want, but that doesn't mean that when someone gives you some advice, especially someone with wings here, that you poop on his rep just because you don't like the answer. In fact, that may be the point where you throttle back a bit.
True fact! I have given out 7 neg reps in 4 years on AW. OP has passed out 2 negs and received 13 in little more than 24 hrs. The reason he was hassled, his opening post would have us believe.... my friend's brother's cousin or some such yadda, has this medjcal problem....
Followed after several posts to what I, and several others sensed was a... gasp, Troll! Then "The_Pants" whined for a bit calling winged NAs "unprofessional" and "disrespectful". If the majority here are willing to give a pass in a situation like this, maybe I'm too old fashioned for AW.
Sometimes we lose prospective on things and treat new people like shit in a way that's a little too VP and SWO, IMO.
Very seldom, in my experience, newbies have been treated well when they arrive having done a bit of research, exhibit a modicum of humility, and don't throw a tantrum whenever questions are not answered to their liking. In my observations, it's a fairly recent phenomenon. Why, I don't know for sure (read recent college grads)... could it possibly be, er.. the E word - entitlement? If zippy wants to give these types a pass, so be it. By the time the Noobs take over the asylum, I'll be history.

Regarding the winged members leaving, I guess many of the old hands here are still in the dark (at least I am), but in my opinion they're unrelated. I also have not seen a lot of new (pre-selection, pre-OCS types), actually leaving, and I spend quite a lot of my AW time on those threads trying to help and encourage, NOT drive them off. If everyone here gives a pass on disrespect/or borderline arrogance... they'll really get slammed in OCS, and beyond. That's all I have to offer this thread, it's merely my opinion.:)
BzB

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Is there an answer for the OP yet?

Flash, he sorta answered himself after he was asked about any meds he is on (he denies meds) and after asking what he found in the waiver guide (nothing there either). In asking those questions, I just wanted him to do a little bit of legwork.

That drippy little thing of yours, well, that is another story, best answered by the likes of someone not named feddoc.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flash, he sorta answered himself after he was asked about any meds he is on (he denies meds) and after asking what he found in the waiver guide (nothing there either). In asking those questions, I just wanted him to do a little bit of legwork.

That drippy little thing of yours, well, that is another story, best answered by the likes of someone not named feddoc.

Didn't catch on there, maybe the infection has reached my brain! :eek: Thanks for laying it all out there for me.......so to speak.

Vegas

AH-1Z
pilot
In fact this one claims to have the answer to all your problems...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.