• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Front Sight

Lawman

None
If your ever in the Midwest/Great lakes region looking for a good shooting course theres TDI (http://www.tdiohio.com/coursesb.htm). I was a bit skeptical at first but after talking to some 1st class shooters and hearing nothing but good indorsements I leveled out to a good opinion of their school. Lots of levels you can apply for as far as training so it doesnt just have that Pro/zero effect like some places Ive been and the staff doesnt wave the fact that all they do is shoot in your face.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
One more pix .... Massad Ayoob (below) ... he likes to be called "Mas" ... can't hold his liquor ... we called him "massage-a-boob" because of his "hands-on" instructional techniques re: the female students. Good shot. But who wouldn't be when that's all you do ??? A first class jerk with "little man" problems .... my opinion. :)

I've read one of his books. Not a fan of him, eh?

What do you think of John Lott?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...What do you think of John Lott?
Lott seems to be O.K. Obviously, I've never had the pleasure of meeting him, but his arguments seem well researched and thought out.

That alone makes it hard for the anti-everything/anti-gun crowd to counter one's point of view when you use the record and reality instead of hype and hysteria. :)

pdx

HSM Pilot
This is not the first time that I have heard Ayoob is a jerk. Ignoring his instructional "techniques," however, what do you think of his books?

The reason I ask is that "Combat Hangunnery" is one of the few books on shooting technique that I have read.

I do not consider myself to be a real firearm afficionado, but I do own a Springfield 1911 A1 and I practice to be proficient at it. I am mostly self taught, but I have incorporated some of the ideas in the book (and my shooting improved). Are there some better books that anybody could recommend?

Again, I don't love to shoot, and I don't want to spend every weekend out on the range. I like shooting, and I want to be proficient enough to use my weapon if I ever find myself in a truly desperate situation.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
This is not the first time that I have heard Ayoob is a jerk. Ignoring his instructional "techniques," however, what do you think of his books?....
His books are generally good. No significant mistakes and generally good information. I also have the one you suggested. He doesn't write all of his stuff, however :) -- he has a couple of writers who keep churning out old articles with new faces for future publication and magazine articles.

Publish or perish ... :)