• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

From FU, old video but good..Last Ride of the Scooter!

brownshoe

Contributor
Thanks for the video! Fantastic!

I just loved loading ‘em and loved watchin’ ‘em come back empty. “Scooter in the pattern” or “Tinkertoy in the groove” was what I heard while I scurried around the deck.
Busybee is having computer problems and Ron is just home from the hospital, otherwise they’d be posting right now with stories.

The A-7 was a neat little plane as well. I watched as our neighbor in hangar 67 at Cecil, VF-174 became VA-174, transitioning from F-8’s to A-7’s. As great as the A-7 was the F-8was one “kick ass” airplane.

Steve

brownshoe

Contributor
Quickie from Busybee.

Oldie but a goodie.

Steve

Attachments

• Loss Of BzB604.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 27

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Idiot Loop...

300px-Overtheshoulderbomb.jpg
That formation loft attack was pretty badass
Look sumpin' like t*is? I t*ink about *alf of my first 1K *ours in t*e Scooter were upside down watc*ing t*e "Abba Jabba" (AJB-3 AAI/Loft Progammer). Prior to t*e "air war" in t*e 'nam, t*is maneuver took precedence over conventional weapons during training, and we paid dearly for t*at in t*e first year (1965) of t*e war! :watching2
BzB :sleep_125

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My KiddyKart!

+1 T*anks Bunk, w*at a fantastic A-4 video, broug*t me back 'bout 50 years, & a tear to me eye. Loved t*at bird. :brokenhea:icon_hear

As for t*e "Sluf", just missed it, my last Fleet Squadron (VA-146 Blue Diamonds), was transitioning into brand-new A-7Bs as I went out t*e door.... timing, timing, TIMING! :propeller
BzB :sleep_125

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I got all these video's off the Fighter Pilot University (FU) website. Lots of good stuff!

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for posting. Flew both of these planes and these videos brought back many great memories. And Brownshoe, good to see you back.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't know how you guys did the long sorties in the A-4.... what a small, tight cockpit!
It fit like a comfortable glove back in the day.
It was something you wore, rather than flew.

But it surely wouldn't fit me today. :(

ryan1234

It fit like a comfortable glove back in the day.
It was something you wore, rather than flew.

But it surely wouldn't fit me today. :(

I may need to start doing some thigh exercises:

A-4cockpit.jpg

Did you guys ever use full side stick deflection?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I may need to start doing some thigh exercises:

A-4cockpit.jpg

Did you guys ever use full side stick deflection?
Yes we did ... snap rolls, high-G barrel rolls, assorted ACM, in fact -- lots of stuff. And of course, cockpit wipe-outs on the deck prior to taxi and/or 'go' ..

... and for the record -- the stick position greatly assists in flying by holding the stick between your knees and doing whatever takes two hands ... :)