• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Free At Last !!!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
C'mon. He's not THAT old!
Too "young" for Sabreliners ??? :)

ACTUALLY .... they were in vogue when I was a STUD in Pensacola --- a.k.a. the NFO friendly trainers in VT-10 and then VT-86 when they stood up at NAS Glynco, GA.

ACTUALLY .... not interested unless I go crazy and move back to the Cradle of NAVAIR ... or Destin ... or Ft. Walton Beach ... or Key West (and commute). Not impossible .... but highly unlikely.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
The sweet gig out of there was the brief stint in Citations (aka T-47s for the unwashed) before the switch back to Sabreliners.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
The sweet gig out of there was the brief stint in Citations (aka T-47s for the unwashed) before the switch back to Sabreliners.

Yep, the fighting platypus was a sweet ride. Just assumed everything in the fleet could go across the country in two hops and could climb to the mid forties to go over weather. Alas, the Prowler was a bit of a shock in that way.

T-47A.jpg

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Bright sun, Beaches, Blondes, Bars, Ballads, Booze, Books ... (writing, that is) :) ... you know, all the usual stuff.

Congratulations, enjoy the career change.

Helpful suggestion on how to write an instant bestseller....call it Harry Potter and the Fast Movers over Viet Nam. Just a thought. :D

Now that you have more time off and can grab more cocktails...should I call the broker and tell him to buy some serious shares of Patron? :)

Congrats again.

Huggy Bear

pilot
Congratulations! If I were in your shoes I'd grow a beard down to my chest just because I can. Any advice for us younger pups on the fence about getting out and going airlines or staying Navy for the long haul?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Congratulations! If I were in your shoes I'd grow a beard down to my chest just because I can. Any advice for us younger pups on the fence about getting out and going airlines or staying Navy for the long haul?
f

No beards --- too scratchy. Since I got rid of my WESTPAC moustache many decades ago .... clean-shaven is my middle name. :)

Were I flying in the NAV today --- I'd stick. Maybe for 20. I know, it's not what you want to hear --- but the airlines will always be there. A flying job might not ..... I would rather be starting an 18 year airline career with 20 years of retirement from UNCLE in the bank than starting out in this airline environment with nothing .... unless you can bag a Reserve job.

If you can do the Reserve thing .... then go for it if UNCLE is giving you a rash ....