• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Free ARCO Military Flight Aptitude test prep book.

joshmf

For anyone studying for the ASTB, I've already taken it and would be willing to send someone my copy of the ARCO Military Flight Aptitude test prep book. No writing or other damage, I'll send it to the first person who PMs me.

Attachments

• ARCO.JPG
    ARCO.JPG
    908.9 KB · Views: 162

maverick_08

Rufio has peter been back to Never Neverland? jk? You say you have your book on pdf, does that mean you can email it?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can i get a copy of your book? Would be greatly appreciated!

FYI, that offer was made 4 1/2 years ago, the info most likely outdated by now... :oops:

AND -

RUFIO hasn't posted in 1 1/2 years, probably too busy awaiting results of a Squadron command screen board by now!:rolleyes:
Roll Tide!
BzB

blackbart22

pilot
My NAVCAD class was used to evaluate aptitude tests. Going through Hell Week we were all prior enlisted and even after combining us with the last class to get indoctrination hops, we were more than half priors. Every Friday PM we'd take tests that didn't mean a thing for or against us. One Friday the test consisted of page after page of four cartoon panels The instructions were to number the panels in the order that we thought the action occurred and then write a couple of lines about what was going on. When asked the Docs said to right anything that we thought was happening. When we came in the fallowing week the Docs were furious. They said they had to throw away the tests because they were so obscene, that we were the most perverted mob they had ever run across and were certainly not officer material. The D.I. thought it was funny.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
My NAVCAD class was used to evaluate aptitude tests... certainly not officer material. The D.I. thought it was funny.

I've always wondered why the "Biographical Inventory" ("Index?" something like that), that was part of the ASTB for a while, never addressed the character trait known as "being a smartass." Other than thrill seeking, adventure, calculated risk, self-reliance, blah blah blah, etc., if there ever was one trait throughout sooooo much of aviation...

blackbart22

pilot
First ran across lie detector questions when I took the test fifty-four years ago. Question "Do you like to ride motorcycles?" Better put yes for that one, even though I'd never been on one in my life. Two pages later (no turning pages back) was question " Harley-Davidson and Indian motorcycles have the throttle on opposite sides. Which side is a Harley on?" After initial panic, I tried to picture my old man on a Harley. He worked in junk yard/used car lot and would occasionally bring one home. As I remember when he went "rum, rum" it was his right hand that moved. That made me an honest man. Found two more in that test. BTW the first question was how old was your mother when you were born.Four age groups youngest being nineteen or younger. I've heard of birth order determined some charactoristics, but your mother's age at your birth ????????