• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fraternity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itoh

Sigma Alpha Epsilon
California Theta Chapter at San Diego State

am I really the first SAE to come across here?
phi alpha,
-itoh

jfk

Originally posted by Barnard1425
jfk,

Allow me to repeat myself. Anybody with your penchant for stereotypes and fear of conformity will make a poor officer in any branch of the military (assuming he/she is even accepted in the first place).

That being said, if you have such little regard for fraternities, why do you continue to post on a forum entitled "fraternity"?. You don't see SNFO's filling the SNA forums with 101 reasons why they didn't go to flight school.

Besides, don't you think that somebody who types entirely in lowercase fragments and names themselves after an MTV cartoon character is a little lost on a Naval Aviation forum? Try spongebob.com next time.

i really dont know who you are to judge who will make a good officer in the military, as they are quite the diverse crew.

none of what you are saying is making a whole lot of sense. i still cant figure out what the (WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE OR FIND ANOTHER FORUM) a name has to do w/ our debate. its just a cheap shot, and a weak one at that.

yea so i'm gonna go ahead and leave because you guys are getting pretty freaked out. i have a hunch as to why, but lets leave it at that.

TBag463

Pi Kappa Alpha at St. Louis University. Becoming a PIKE was one of the best things I have ever done. The recruiter for NRD St. Louis has signed 2 PIKES, one for Nuclear officer and myself for naval aviator, in the last two years. Anybody that doesn't think being in a Fraternity, especially holding a position, helps your application is crazy. Going Greek definitely teaches you alot about yourself and what you can do. BOOLAH BOOLAH!

dskeeters30

Greek organizations are what an individual makes out of them. You can either use that time to goof off and drink and party all of the time, or you could gain something positive such as the opportunity to hold leadership positions, be active in intramural sports, or even extend your involvement in campus. Because greek organizations tend to be more active in campus activities than the general student population (i.e. homecoming events,community service, student government), they tend to influence school policies more. In case you haven't read some of the other topics on this forum, that is exactly why many here want to become officers. It's also a good way to network with others who have similar ways of thinking as yourself. I have two fraternity brothers who are currently officers in the military: one flies for the Marine Corps, and the other is a Nuclear Power Officers program and I'm proud to be associated with both of them.

TBag463, I'm a PIKE from University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Good luck with your application.

kaidogg

jfk: "or maybe i dont want to live in a house that reeks of natty."

I loved living in a house that reeked of natty, it's what attracts all the women.

GatorNFO

SNFO in Primary
HAHA...looks like someones bitter because the axe man found them instead of a bid!

Say what you want about my house. Its the opinion of the sororities and other ladies that really matters! The good times I had there will be in my memory forever and if your not involved in a house, then you dont quite know what your missing out on. And if you dont care about fraternities and think they are so disgusting, why are you still following this thread?

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
I was one of the people that refounded the Zeta Alpha chapter of ZBT at FSU. Let me tell you, when you are founding a fraternity, without much help from national, it is not all fun and games. I put a lot of time and effort into the fraternity. So to jfk, I did not join a fraternity to loose my identity, I founded one so that I could have something that would be there after I was gone.

Ben

andrew

"DELTA KAPPA EPSILON" University of Alabama Roll Tide and We do F... a Goat at initiation. W.G. "it's never over........."

jrklr

Sigma Phi Epsilon, Cal Tau Chapter.
its nice to see so many other sig eps on this site, I had no idea. I was on exec board the year I applied (and was selected) for SNA BDCP. I've heard all the anti-greek crap more times than I can count, and the bottom line is that I joined it to have a good time in college, and got that plus a lot more out of it.

austinfalnes

There's a reason there are so many SigEps on the board...

Cal Tau..I don't know anyone there, but our RD is from Cal Mu, and one of our brothers transferred from Cal Upsilin

VDBL!

MrTorso

It's Great to be a SigEp! Good to see that an institution that I have come to hold so dear is producing or will produce some damn fine military officers. Sigma Phi Epsilon Alpha, Univ. of Illinois Champaign-Urbana. TBS or bust Summer 2004.
Semper Fidelis! and VDBL

Status
Not open for further replies.