• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fraternity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_Love_My_Bean

Delta Sigma Pi, E-Phi Chapter!! HEY DELTASIGS from around the country!!!

JFK-I think the fraternity experience can teach you a lot if you put in the time, but it will be a different kind of experience if you allow an organization to create your identity. Can't knock it if you haven't tried it! :eek:)

SMUPhil

Sigma Phi Epsilon TX Upsilon, Southern Methodist University.

While I was never an exec, I am one of 20 founding fathers of our chapter here which is pretty cool. V, D, and BL forever!

austinfalnes

SMUPhil...

I met some of your brothers, a year ago, at CLA in Baltimore...when you were an SEC...Now I guess since you are TX U...you got chartered!...

Congrats!

SMUPhil

Well, we are looking to be chartered sometime next semester. We are at 60+ men right now and with a good rush of 20-25 guys (SMU has spring rush) we'll be able to charter, according to the people in Richmond. Technically we are still SMU SEC, but the old chapter here was Upsilon (booted out by HQ a couple years ago) so I guess that will be our name after the charter. I'll ask my friends that went to Baltimore if they remember you, they probably do. You're from MD Beta? Which school is that?

Glad to see some other SigEps out there!

jfk

Originally posted by GatorNFO
JFK, Apparently you are the one without an identity. At least everyone here can be creative with their user names and not borrow a famous one...prick

awfully defensive....sounds insecure.
i can knock the greek system becuase i rushed this past fall, at UF i might add. bunch of turds...

maybe if i changed my name to "gatorSNA" i could be original too.
as for jfk, watch an episode of "Clone High." its just too damn funny.

also, being social hardly means youre an individual...

jfk

Originally posted by GatorNFO
I was vice president of Delta Tau Delta at UF. I also served as chairman of 2 commities. I think it definately strengthens your application.

and delta turd delta was the weakest of em all.

jdnew

I'm sorry you feel that way man, but you should show a little respect for the people who don't feel that way. I and many others put much time and effort into our fraternities. I know that I as a SigEp (and I'm sure others feel the same way) am extremely proud of the letters I wear and the men they represent. And no matter how hard you try to belittle or insult them you can never tarnish my pride in them. Might as well stop trying. It's an amazing thing man. From the outside looking in you can't understand it, from the inside looking out you can't explain it.

Loved, Hated, but never ignored - SigEp

jfk

thats fine, but i just feel that most fraternities no longer carry the honor, nobility, and integrity which they were meant to have.
so be it.

austinfalnes

jdnewso...

check your Private messages...

jfk...you're right...too many fraternities, and fraternity men have elected to loose interest in some of the things thier founders held dear. They have placed more value on other things. You can be quite certain that the founders of any fraternity would be disguisted with the image of those "frats" and "frat boys" in the media and the popular consciousness.

But that is the liability I choose to carry as a member of a Sigma Phi Epsilon. And if it's negative, so be it. All I can do is hope to change some people's minds.

Virtue, Dilligence, and a whole lot o' Brotherly Love.

Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.