• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fraternity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bvonstein

Having read comments about Naval Aviation being a Fraternity of sorts. It made me wonder, out of sheer curiousity, if anybody out there is in a Fraternity, let us know which one.

mlj0215

Pi Kappa Alpha (PIKES) Past President (National Award Winners) I think it helps!

Stein---All Zippers Down :)

austinfalnes

I'm in Sigma Phi Epsilon, two time executive board member.

Which leads to a follow up question- do OSO's and boards look favorably upon fraternity membership/leadership experience?

Check this link...
http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/noru/orojt/ojt.htm

It contains alot of information that Officer Recruiters should know and do...pretty handy for the ambitious applicant. You'll find in there that recruiters are encouraged to make an effort to develop relationships with fraternities and sororities. To me that means they look favorbly on leadership experience there. Which is good...because it could be a liability given the frat boy stereotype.

I'm not in a fraternity... because I'm not allowed :( but I am in a sorority :) Kappa Beta chapter of Sigma Kappa! We became a three star chapter last year (the highest award we can get!)

GatorNFO

SNFO in Primary
I was vice president of Delta Tau Delta at UF. I also served as chairman of 2 commities. I think it definately strengthens your application.

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
if naval aviation is a fraternity then flight school is the longest "hell-week" (almost 2 years).

I'm a Sigma Phi Epsilon brother (NY Delta).

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Past President, Tresurer, Social Chair, and Rush Chair of Zeta Beta Tau at Florida State University.

Nothing like some good leadership experence to help your App.

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.