• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Forum Upgrade to 3.6.4

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Roger that ... PayPal is one of the most virulent "anti-gun" websites out there for legal online firearms-related financial transactions. They "froze" a friend's online account (froze his money) for 90 days after he processed a legal online firearms transaction --- after they had changed their "policy" --- and didn't notify anyone.

eBay and PayPal seem to be joined at the hip with their anti-gun outlook on life. I used to purchase some very collectible pieces on eBay --- 10 years ago. eBay's former (?) founder is a big-time buddy with Senator H. Clinton and decided to nix the firearms (always legal with attendant paper trail) during the Clinton's time in office.

Really a shame as eBay commanded a BIG national audience and there were some primo firearms available that would have been tough (or just lucky) to find under "normal" circumstances, i.e., pre-internet.

Need I say more ... ???
:)

WOW!:eek: :confused:

How did I miss that...appreciate the info. Looks like it might be time to find another way to do business.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Honestly, the BEST contribution to the website, and Air Warriors, are you winged bubbas coming to the site, getting your peers to join, or those of you that have been members so long, you now have YOUR wings. And now, you are posting, answering questions, or heck adding some stories/info/insight so those that want to be where we ARE or have been get an appreciation/glimpse of what its all about. The helping out the next FNG, passing the torch, and answering questions is what it is all about, and is the main reason this site has been successful.

Also, those of you going through the process, the pipeline, and passing the current word on what is happening, definitely contribute. God knows many of us Fleet bubbas aren't up to speed on what is going on right this minute in many of the accessions avenues.

Seriously, my hats off to my fellow ready room members (past, present, and future), for taking the time to make AW's what it is. I can honestly say that Steve and I did not expect to have this site running this long, and most definitely not encompassing all the communities and levels of experience that it now does.

John

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Sorry to interupt the love-in, but quick question... Firefox no longer seems to want to remember who I am everytime I come to the site since the upgrade. Any ideas on what would cause this? Left computer Friday, everything worked. Came back Tuesday, nothing changed on my computer, but the site doesn't remember me. Any cyber equivelent to waving a chicken around and making it better?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
^ If it's JUST AirWarriors ... that's the way it's been for me since day 1 with Firefox. It NEVER remembers me when I leave the website ... like most of you. :)

This may not do it, but Firefox has a setting that COULD be causing your problem .... Check .... OPTIONS .... PRIVACY ..... PASSWORDS .... SETTINGS .... there is a check box at the bottom that will clear/not clear all your private data settings when you close Firefox.

??????

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wannabes are barely encouraged to donate, as a general rule you guys go get commissioned, get that fat O-1 pay then kick in a few bucks.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
@A4's and Gator (and anyone else that needs help)

First things first, if you don't have Firefox 2.0, get it if you wanna follow these instructions.

Go to tools, then scroll down to options. You'll get a popup with 7 tabs at the top. Look for the one that says security, and check the box under passwords that says "remember passwords for sites."

Logout and log back in and hit the box that says "remember me" on this site and voila you should be good to go.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
aye, ..

thought it would be nice to give a $ here and there anyway.
Excellent attitude ... as an alternative ... I will PM you my address. I will hold all donations until you commission .... :)

Thanks, Raptor ... I keep updating Firefox V1.5 ... I'll go look for V2.0.

I just got a security email a couple of days ago, however, that described how some hackers are now able to get into Firefox and access passwords if you choose to "save" the information.