• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Forum Status

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Whoa, whoa, what the heck happened???

Well, to give you an update:

- Disabled all modifications to the stock forum software
- Turned off advertisements
- Turned off front page
- Updgraded the forum software

I won't go into the details here, but there were some server issues that appear to have been fully resolved. Hopefully I will put the rest of the site back together in the next day or so.

John

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
webmaster said:
Whoa, whoa, what the heck happened???

Well, to give you an update:

- Disabled all modifications to the stock forum software
- Turned off advertisements
- Turned off front page
- Updgraded the forum software

I won't go into the details here, but there were some server issues that appear to have been fully resolved. Hopefully I will put the rest of the site back together in the next day or so.

John

Seems a bit more stable...was getting error page quite often the past few days

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Last couple of days there seems to be an "internet" problem. I am seeing excessive hops, and some timeouts on whould should be some plain old vanilla URL's.

Web'san. Thanks for your toil and trouble. I know this sites serves many and serves them well, no pun intended. I also see it is time for me to update my contribution - putting my money where my mouth is, so to speak.

Note: Have not experienced any problems with AW Forum.

Machine

Super *********
pilot
None
Site Admin
Any time you see network problems or error pages, please increase your post count, and let us know about it.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Looks like the layout is just a bit different with a slightly larger main font size. Other additions include flashchat at the top of the screen and the AW splash graphics not getting hidden by adblock.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
squorch2 said:
Looks like the layout is just a bit different with a slightly larger main font size. Other additions include flashchat at the top of the screen and the AW splash graphics not getting hidden by adblock.
Got it one.

Those are all changes I made to support long standing request to improve the website's load speed.

I removed all the graphics except the required forum ones, and the main AW graphic at the top. In addition, I corrected some of the items (font size), back to the default settings, in addition to providing the underline for links (as requested by a few members).... not at the 100% solution, but is the interim measure until I put the rest of the forum back together.

Good comments, keep em coming if there are questions.

John

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Will the "home" page be returning? I'm a fan of it... not sure if anyone else is?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I seem to be getting an inordinately large number in the "new posts" area in the upper right-hand portion of the screen. I'll log in and there will be >200 new posts, which is unusual unless I've not been around in a few days. Also, I can just have read all posts, it will indicate 13 new posts, but when I click, they're all gone. No big deal, but just throwing it out there for all the tech side folks.

Brett