• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FORUM DATABASE UPDATE TO MYSQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ok, switched the site over to MySQL on the backend, got the data all uploaded, now going to have to find out what doesnt work with all the mods.... sigh...

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Working on the following, but so far I have noticed the following does NOT work:

DOWN - Front page
DOWN - Recent Topics
DOWN - Edit My Page
DOWN - My Bookmarks
DOWN - "Edited By" in older posts

FIXED - My page (SORTA...)

FIXED - #s READ in Topic info (viewed)

- had to update the mysql databse, change value from NULL to 0, works fine now.

FIXED - Private Messages

- someone else had a fix for it on the web, downloaded it, and replaced the file, hopefully the rest are this easy.

If you find any other things that don't work, or you see any problems, please respond to this thread, you will help me troubleshoot.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ok, I am done for the night, at least the site is back up and running, and appears to be working faster now. You can still post topics, and read them, will work on the other stuff later.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Well, two items are fixed now on my to do list. Going to take the rest of the day off, seems like the forum is running much faster and everything is working properly for the most part. Will tackle the rest later.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
John, on the posts before the switch to mysql the edited info isn't all there.

Looks like "Edited by - on -" instead of having a name and a date. Not that this info is really important, but I thought you might wanna know.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Hey, despite the tweaks, this site is running fast. Nice job!
"light speed?" "No, I'm afraid that's too slow, were going to have to go right to ludicrous speed..."

Cheers,

Andy

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
bcgeib, thanks, I noticed that also, and forgot to add that to the list.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
No prob, just glad to see the site perform so freakin' fast now. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.