• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Form 1 or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigeress

I am currently studying for the ASTB. I think this site is great and is really helping to answer some of my questions. One I have not found is ill my recruiter tell me which form I will take if I ask him?

Thanks
batman_125.gif

Tigeress

tigeress

I am surprised that no one had an answer for my question. Does everyone get Form 1 that first time they take the test? How do you know which Form you will get?

Should I just ask the recruiter if I would get Form 1? I would like to know so I can study for either 1 or 2.

Any comments or thoughts out there? I would like to take the test in a couple of weeks.

Thanks - Tigress - Hear me Roarrrrrrr
jump2reflection_125.gif

cessnajet1h

Hey, tigeress
Here is what i experienced, they can give you any form depending how many people are taking it with you....if you are taking it alone then you will get form 1, but if more than 2 or 3 you can get either one.......on the second one I know there are alot of geometry questions.....good luck i am taking it tomorrow, FORM 1....wish me luck..........

Warlord

SNA Hopeful
i didn't know... i knew when there was 5 people there that I could get either one, it was my first time , and i got form 2, i was told by someone not to ask because they may not really know... just cross your fingers and hope you get form 1

JayManC

when i took it, they passed out the tests at random. there was some Ens that i never saw again proctoring it. if its someone you don't know and you want a different form just ask...either that or tell them that you've already tested on that form, and theyll be sure to switch you.

tigeress

Thanks for the info. I think that I will be taking the test by myself since the recruiter mentioned coming closer to where I am located.

I think I will plan on taking Form 1 but still brush up on my geometry.

I will keep you posted...
cessnajet1h – Let us know how you did!

- Tigress - Hear me Roarrrrrrr
bouncy_125.gif

jasand

Tigeress,

I only took the test once so I don't have much experience, but here's what I expereinced. I took the test in the recruiting office with three other people. We all sat at a big table so two got form one and two got form 2. That way the people across and next to you were working on a different test so you can't cheat. As for one being easier than the other, I can't make a comment on that, but you have to remmember that these are standardized tests, just like the SAT, MCAT, etc. The only thing that matters is how you score relative to everyone else who has taken that exam. Therefore if one exam is easier you will score better but so will everyone else who has taken that test so they will standardize your score. Besides from the look of the test books the navy has given out these exams thousands of times, I'm sure they know which test is harder and will adjust the scores properly. So I would say don't get stressed out over which form you get, it's just one more thing to distract you from your concentrating on your final goal. Just relax take whatever form they give you and do your best. Good Luck!

-Jason

jasand

Sorry,

Just one more bit of advice to maximize your score. Bring a watch with you, they will not provide you with one. Take note of when each section begins, they will tell you how long you have for each section. When there is 1 minute left stop what you are doing and make sure that every problem is answered, whether you looked at the problem or not. Unlike the SAT you are not punished for wrong answers, for every question you fill in you have a 1/4 chance of guessing right. Odds are filling in 8 circles at the end of the section gives you 2 free points. Good luck!

-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.