• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Forget about the whole BI score thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

That's right, no more BI (PBI/NFOBI) score as a factor in your selection. I don't know if this is news to some of you but it was to me today, I also heard they are in the works of doing away with the BI portion of the test as well. One less thing to worry about. I know some people have had some trouble with the BI score, I know I did.

Ghish

I also heard about this today. My brother is applying for a pilot slot in the navy and he was quite happy that the BI is no longer a factor in selection.

kraused

Vic,
I don't have a link for you but I also got a call from my recruiter saying the BI section of the ASTB is no longer considered in the application process for pilot and NFO.

Ghish

I saw the email from my brother's recruiter who said that the BI is no longer needed. But that is the only printed material I have seen on it.

gt0767a

I worked in the area where they grade them and the BI is no longer a factor due to people telling other people what to put on the BI portion of the test. FYI - this only applies to the Navy, the Marine Corps still uses the BI.

Agent00JP

Seems to verify what I was talking about in regards to someone posting similar statements about what to answer on the BI section. Say what you may about helping each other get what we want, but there is a limit to being able to do so while reconciling it with your integrity and that of the Navy.

JP

ghost_ttu

I agree that it needs to be limited as to what you say and don't say. The intelligent person would do the research and already know what they need to say on the BI portion. The interesting part is who was doing the help, when I took the test the recruiter (who is also a naval aviator) pretty much told me what to put not specifically, but in general how to answer the questions.

Agent00JP

My recruiter did say, "They want a certain kind of person." with a bit of a hint, hint tone, but nothing further.

I have always thought that they should do something more like the Meyers-Brigg(sp) personality indicator test and somehow manipulate the outcome into a score. That way there would not be any way to know what sort of answers are "looked for" on the test.

JP

Status
Not open for further replies.