• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Foreign university scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphertube

Hello everyone!

I'm looking into BDCP and my recruiter says based on my scores here, I'm looking like a good candidate for Intel. However, he has yet to go over my scores that I had from overseas. Anybody know anything about how they weight those?

My overseas coursework was done in Finland, which puts it really high up on the difficulty level. Some courses were in English, some in Swedish. Does that affect anything?

jaerose

I'm not sure, but I honestly doubt it. They'll take your overall GPA, with no weighting. Now, for intel and your application package it will help overall. Also, it's more experience and when looking at you as a perspective intel operator they might put some extra weight into it if the people on the selection committee know that the coursework was more difficult. All in all, it definitely adds to the whole person perspective. Good luck.

JR

cyphertube

For anyone following up, here's what I've found out.

If you do go overseas and get lower scores there, transfer your credits back. If you're lucky like me, you go to a school that doesn't count transfer GPA, just credits. (I'm at a BIG school!)

After a bit of whining, begging, and pleading (and telling them that they Navy would really like this resolved soon, not untrue, at least one office would!), they offered to do it with a one day turnaround for me.

Yes, I'll still have my overseas transcript being shown, but with an explanation, and my GPA will still be above 3.7, as it's been at my school stateside. (Transferring the credits is also nice, as my program will be a LOT easier to complete, since they've decided to take on a bunch of the classes into my major.)

Status
Not open for further replies.