• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Foreign Affairs Mag

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
I was wondering if anyone had a subscription to the "Foreign Affairs" magazine or if someone had ever read it. It has some pretty high reviews on amazon but wanted to double check before I bought a subscription.

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
I was wondering if anyone had a subscription to the "Foreign Affairs" magazine or if someone had ever read it. It has some pretty high reviews on amazon but wanted to double check before I bought a subscription.

I have a couple issues that I had to buy for articles that were required reading for some college classes. It's pretty esoteric stuff. I would recommend checking with your local library to see if they carry it so that you can sample the material before spending money on a subscription.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
You can read a lot of it online. It's pretty good; though I don't like it enough to subscribe.

Shpion1

Contributor
not worth the subscription. I've had it at times, but usually 2 of the articles in each issue that I liked. Others were stuff to skim, but like stated above, either way out there as far as subject or of no interest to me. Most of the good essays will get reprinted online somewhere within a month or so after publication and you can read it then. Same with some of the Atlantic features.

Check it out at Barnes and Noble (drink a java and read through and you'll get an idea if it's worth buying it).

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
I used to subscribe back in my international banking days. Over the past 20 years or so it has become more & more liberal. If you're anywhere right of center, it'll mostly just pi$$ you off nowadays.

Pepe

pilot
I used to subscribe back in my international banking days. Over the past 20 years or so it has become more & more liberal. If you're anywhere right of center, it'll mostly just pi$$ you off nowadays.

I am a little right of center...I think I'm going to check it out at a Barnes & Noble before I buy a subscription. Thanks for the help everyone.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Subscriber since 2002. I like it because it gives me a liberal perspective on things. As Fog said, if you're right of center, some of the stuff in it is just going to piss you off. I don't what you're really looking for, but you may want to check out Foreign Policy magazine as an alternative. Political Science Quarterly is good too.

Pepe

pilot
Subscriber since 2002. I like it because it gives me a liberal perspective on things. As Fog said, if you're right of center, some of the stuff in it is just going to piss you off. I don't what you're really looking for, but you may want to check out Foreign Policy magazine as an alternative. Political Science Quarterly is good too.

I assume "Foreign Policy" is just "Foreign Affair's" evil right-wing twin?