• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

For those who are intrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor2216

Aviation Warfare. All forms of corneal surgery are disqualifying. PRK is the only procedure that will be considered for waiver. (A) air warfare new accession applicants having had PRK (civilians, NROTC, Naval Academy and enlisted accessions) may be waivered for aviation duty if they meet all the following criteria:

a. Accepted into a Navy-approved PRK study protocol for long-term follow-up

b. Pre-PRK refractive error was less than or equal to plus or minus 5.50 (total) diopters in any meridian with less than or equal to plus or minus 3.00 diopters of cylinder and anisometropia less than or equal to 3.50 diopters.

c. Civilian applicants must provide detailed pre-operative, operative, and post-operative PRK follow-up records prior to acceptance into a Navy approved PRK study.

d. At least three months have elapsed since surgery or re-treatment and evidence of stable refractive error is demonstrated by two separate examinations performed at least one month apart.

e. Meet all other applicant entrance criteria as delineated in references (A) and (D) and as specified by approved aviation PRK-study protocols.

Designated Naval aviation personnel (flying class one, flying class two, and class three designated enlisted aircrew and flight deck personnel), upon approval by their commanding officers, may seek acceptance into a Navy PRK aviation study protocol involving actual PRK surgery. A waiver to return to flight duties will be recommended if they meet all study requirements and all other physical standards as delineated in references (A) and (D).

Personnel electing the surgery must receive authorization from their commanding officer prior to the procedure.

For more information concerning corneal refractive surgery and PRK in the Navy/Marine Corps, go to http://navymedicine_dev/refractive_questions.htm

Raptor2216

Thanks for making the correction there man. I was just looking around on the net and found this. I see a lot of people on here who are worried about their vision, so I though this may help them with some of the info. I'm gald to hear your vision is getting better, I can only imagine how depressing it would be if my vision would prevent me from flying. Anyway, thanks again for the correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.