• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Football season cometh.

Which conference will have the National Champion?

• Total voters

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
With the new set of quarterbacks out there I have some hope that OU, with a slightly more experienced team, will do well this year.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sigh . . . I didn't catch the game, but this is why you don't rank UNC if it's not basketball season.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
?On, Wisconsin! On, Wisconsin! Bounce right off that line!
? Run the ball three times a series, punt on fourth and nine (yet again)!
? On, Wisconsin! Poor Wisconsin! Every time's the saa . . . aa . . . me!
? Drink, fellows, drink 'till we for-get! This! Game!
LOL . . . I only posted this because it's a generic mocking version of Wisconsin's fight song that's been around forever, but it turned out to be shockingly accurate. :D

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
With the new set of quarterbacks out there I have some hope that OU, with a slightly more experienced team, will do well this year.

View attachment 32409
Well, check that…OU won but they looked ugly on the way. Unless there is vast improvement they won’t be around for the top four selection.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice junior varsity game.
michael-keaton.gif

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Solid first week of football. Of note, every ranked ACC team lost which hurts Clemson’s chances for the playoffs. UCLA looked strong over LSU. Georgia’s defense looked nasty.

My 4 picks for the playoffs: Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State and Oklahoma- with Bama and Georgia first meeting in the SEC Championship game and then again in the National Championship game. Anyone else got a prediction?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Solid first week of football. Of note, every ranked ACC team lost which hurts Clemson’s chances for the playoffs. UCLA looked strong over LSU. Georgia’s defense looked nasty.

My 4 picks for the playoffs: Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State and Oklahoma- with Bama and Georgia first meeting in the SEC Championship game and then again in the National Championship game. Anyone else got a prediction?
Very early for this but Bama and Georgia look like #1 and #2. After that it’s whatever teams from other conferences look the best. Oklahoma isn’t making much of a case squeaking by Tulane at home.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Very early for this but Bama and Georgia look like #1 and #2. After that it’s whatever teams from other conferences look the best. Oklahoma isn’t making much of a case squeaking by Tulane at home.

I think Oklahoma will run the table, other than Iowa State it doesn't seem to be too difficult a schedule. Ohio State will probably run the table as well. Clemson will win the remainder of their games but will be left on the outside looking in. Don't see anyone in the PAC-12 making a splash.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I think Oklahoma will run the table, other than Iowa State it doesn't seem to be too difficult a schedule. Ohio State will probably run the table as well. Clemson will win the remainder of their games but will be left on the outside looking in. Don't see anyone in the PAC-12 making a splash.
Yeah I’m talking about the best teams. Oklahoma has been repeatedly to the playoffs without any wins because they run the table against their shitty conference.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Yeah I’m talking about the best teams. Oklahoma has been repeatedly to the playoffs without any wins because they run the table against their shitty conference.
Nah…I think the SEC will be a different beast if OU and TX arrive there. Bama and GA play two hard games and a bunch of easy ones against teams with a compass direction in their name.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Nah…I think the SEC will be a different beast if OU and TX arrive there. Bama and GA play two hard games and a bunch of easy ones against teams with a compass direction in their name.
GA just beat Clemson. Bama just murdered a ranked Miami team. Oklahoma just escaped mighty Tulane. Let’s see if they can beat powerhouses like Nebraska and the other favorite in that conference, Iowa St (who just squeaked by a directional school)