• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Food at OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyGirl

Ok, so what's on the menu alot and is it standard cafeteria food or what??? Or do you get to taste it with that DI over your shoulder? [:D]

moestud

Flygirl

The menu at ocs is typical cafeteria food. Some type of meat w/ a side, you walk through and basically you're first few weeks, you get what they throw on your plate. If you hang around in line, some DI will notice and start yelling.
I was a vegetarian at ocs, which kind of sucked. Lots of peanut butter and jelly, but they ask about dietary restrictions when you check in, so while the first few days were rough, it got better.
There is always peanut butter and jelly available, along with a salad bar, rolls, apples or oranges. You have juice, water and soda, but when I was there, soda and dessert was only for "secured" candidates, which meant you passed either the 4th week, 6th week or 9th week inspection. So the first 4 weeks are usually the worst. You get your food, and some DI's made you clear your plate, others didn't notice.
Its an experience to say the least. I remember being so sleep deprived that I fell asleep (only for a split second) standing in line in the chow hall.
Good Luck

sonnyb

I heard that eating at OCS is pretty rough because of all the protocol that the Officer candidate has to follow. Is it true that there is no socializing allowed during meals--at least at the beginning?

moestud

Pretty much no socializing, just staring straight ahead the whole time. In the beginning we couldn't even look at our forks, which led to a lot of missed "shots". [}:)]

rhollin1

When I was in enlisted boot camp we couldn't talk during mealtime and if we did we were in for hell when we got back to our barracks. I remember one occasion someone was caught talking and the DI hit us hard. He had us doing push-ups, sit-ups, leg raises, more push-ups and sit-ups. Then for what seemed liked forever, we had to stay in the up position (push ups) and then he would say down and we had to stay in the down position. That was the hardest because if anyone fell we started over. That one session lasted about 2 hours. It was on a Sunday in our second week. Usually the DI didn't come in on Sunday's but he was checking in on us. That was the single worst day of my life. Our muscles were so tore up that we didn’t do push ups at all the next day and one guy had to go to medical because he couldn’t straighten out his arms all the way. That was hell.

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

Valion310

Do the OCS guys eat in the galley directly behind the barracks? Thats were we ate in Aircrew school, I guess they wouldn't put OCS guys with everyone else.

Man, in bootcamp I was our divisions AROC. Meal time sucked cause I had to be the last one in the division to sit down and the first one out to form up the Division before the RPOC came out. I don't think I ever ate a full meal during that whole time up there.

Anyone remember this?: "DONNNN'T TOUCH THE BRIGHT WORKS SHIPMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Valion310 cheering at the Falcons defeat of BYU ... Look out Irish, its on next weekend!

FlyGirl

I heard they seperate the candidates from everyone else so no one will interfere. But don't you get out of the cafeteria at some point? I heard someone saying the last couple of weeks or so those candidates eat somewhere else????

I've also heard it's an interesting site to watch the candidates at the NEX, when buying beer for liberty on a Saturday night. And that it sells out on base fast...Is that true?? :)

Jeff

I will just say that I thought chow was the absolute worst part of OCS, especially the first four weeks. The food wasnt all that bad most of the time though, it was just the chowhall procedures and the DIs ever haunting presence. After a while you just get used to it. Your last couple weeks as a Candidate Officer you dont have to eat in the chow hall, you can go where you like, which was often a must because sometimes you just didnt have time to get to chow while it was open.

The food is the same as the Air Crew eat, but it is in the OCS chow hall. The kitchen is located between the OCS and the All Hands chow hall (B/W BATT 1 and 2). So if you've eaten there you know what its like.

Valion310

LOL ... lots of Viel, pasta and fish and the occasional shrimp and steak ... Take my advice, don't eat the fish, I remember having the sh*ts for a full day every time I had that junk. [:D]

Valion310 out-
Originally posted by Jeff

The food is the same as the Air Crew eat, but it is in the OCS chow hall. The kitchen is located between the OCS and the All Hands chow hall (B/W BATT 1 and 2). So if you've eaten there you know what its like.

grouch

I am actually worried abput the squirts. If the food sucks like dorm food and I get the sreaming mimies I'll be so screwed on the runs (pun very much intended)!!!! I thought it was funny. Poopoo. Damn thats funny shit.

Valion310

(Beavis laugh)

"Hee hee hee ... You hee hee ... call hee hee hee ... your hee hee hee sh*t ... ehhh - Hey, cut it out a*smunch! - hee hee poopoooo ... hee hee heeeeee hee heh eee heheh ehheheh hehheh heh I AM CORNHOLIOO! HEEHEHEHH WHOOO HEHEHHE! KING OF THE WICKER PEOPLE! HEE HEE I NEED TEEPEE FOR MY BUNGHOLIOOO HEE HE HOOO HEHOOEHHOEOEO!"

Okay, I'm calmed down now.

Valion310 Section8 Divo -

FlyGirl

Anyone know if they have a pretty good selection of fruit? Or do you have time to do more than take one bite out of an apple?? (lol)

Yeah, Eggs don't work well with me either....or maybe it's the combo of eggs and running that doesn't go well with the stomach.

Valion310

The eggs have a better PRT run time than anyone I ever knew. [^]

Most Navy galleys are pretty good about putting some kind of fruit out.

Status
Not open for further replies.