• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

flying on orders question

dephyler

Contributor
I'm flying on AT orders for the first time and have a question regarding travel reimbursement and dates of the orders. Dates on orders read 1 Aug - 13 Aug. My flight home is on 14 Aug. Is that going to be an issue? I had originally requested return flight on the 13th, but SATO didn't hook me up.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Nope, you're good. I can't remember, off the top of my head, whether you actually get paid for the 14th when you're on AT, but I don't think you do. If you were on ADT, you would not, though. I'm pretty sure AT works the same as ADT, which allows you one paid travel day and then pays for the ticket on the second travel day but doesn't pay you per diem. It's confusing, but it works out in the end.

I would just double check w/ your NOSC/Command, though, and make sure neither you nor they are expecting to pay you for an extra day of AT. Not a huge deal if you did, since everyone gets 29 days right now, but probably something to double-check with them about.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Check in one of these, in addition to querying NOSC:

BUPERSINST 1001.39F - Administrative Procedures For Navy Reservists

BUPERSINST 1001.39D - Administrative Procedures For Naval Reservists On Inactive Duty

dephyler

Contributor
Thanks Gatordev. I'm going to see if there's some magic method to get my flight changed, but if not, at least I'm covered!