• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flying an exchange tour with Foreign Air Force/Navy

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Perth was great. 7th Fleet had a CDR at the Consulate as a "fleet liason" to coordinate port visits. He had a couple of 4 drawer filing cabinets with index cards to include photos and sexual preferences.......

I went flew into RAAF Base Edinburgh near Adelaide for a 3 day exercise. We flew to an airfield called East Sale near Melbourne and promptly got a chips light, It took us 2 weeks to get a new engine. Great time in Melbourne. We then flew to Perth to overnight on the way back to Dodge when we got a prop leak. 2 1/2 weeks in Perth waiting for a new prop. My whole crew became very good friends with that 7th Fleet CDR. Best liberty of my career.

I go to Sydney about once aevery 6 weeks now. Not even close to the same but still a great time.

81montedriver

pilot
For Marine Herc guys, there is a exchange tour to Canada flying their brand spanking new J models, and an AFSOC exchange to Hurlbert flying MC-130's which are still the legacy model. With the Brits and Aussies on board w/ the J, I would be interested to see if one of those came up as an exchange tour in the future.

ledhead

Anyone know if there are any herc exchanges to the USMC? Currently, I'm a legacy herc guy in the AF and would absolutely love to fly w/ the corps outta miramar or something. And yes, I know they fly J's.

sbeaTm08

Wake up, put a good dip in, crack a cold one
pilot
Anyone know if there are any herc exchanges to the USMC? Currently, I'm a legacy herc guy in the AF and would absolutely love to fly w/ the corps outta miramar or something. And yes, I know they fly J's.

There is an AF dude who flew MC's, I think, at the ATU in Cherry Point. He'll be headin to 252 in about a month or so.

For Marine Herc guys, there is a exchange tour to Canada flying their brand spanking new J models, and an AFSOC exchange to Hurlbert flying MC-130's which are still the legacy model. With the Brits and Aussies on board w/ the J, I would be interested to see if one of those came up as an exchange tour in the future.

I'll be all over this like white on rice if it were to happen. The Aussie or Brit exchange that is.