• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight suit redesign, what would you do?

Yankee Uniform Tango
Oops. WWI, not WWII - just Germans then.

...and then there was Col. Peter J. Ortiz. A Marine and an OSS agent, who fought Nazis with the French resistance - in his Marine uniform! You can't make this shit up! :)

ortiz3.jpg

Here's a great quote:

In the course of his duties he began frequenting a nightclub in Lyons that catered to German officers. This enabled Ortiz to gain much information regarding German activities in the area, which he turned to good use against the Germans. This Marine had worn his Marine uniform when leading Maquis groups in raids. To have an Allied officer leading them bolstered their morale immensely, especially when the uniform bore such impressive decorations.

One night, while Ortiz sat with the German officers at the club in Lyons, an enemy soldier damned President Franklin Roosevelt. He then damned the United States of America. And then, for whatever reason, he damned the United States Marine Corps (Ortiz later wrote that he "could not, for the life of me, figure why a German officer would so dislike American Marines when, chances were, he'd never met one.")

Perhaps Ortiz was bored. Perhaps he......he excused himself from the table and returned to his apartment where....changed into the uniform of a U.S. Marine....he then shrugged into a raincoat and returned to the club....he ordered a round of drinks ... refreshments were served.... removed his raincoat and stood brandishing his pistol. "A toast, he said, beaming, respendent in full greens and decorations, "to the President of the United States!" As the pistol moved from German officer to German officer, they emptied their glasses. He ordered another round of drinks and then offered a toast to the United States Marine Corps! After the Germans had drained their glasses, the Marine backed out, pistol levelled at his astonished hosts. He disappeared into the rainy, black night.

http://www.militarymuseum.org/Ortiz.html

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Haven't read past the first page here, so I'm sure the thread has already been threadjacked, but if I could change one thing, I'd make the pockets right above the knees a little higher on the thighs so when you're walking you're not constantly bouncing things around on your knee. Kind of an annoyance.

jtmedli

pilot
Haven't read past the first page here, so I'm sure the thread has already been threadjacked, but if I could change one thing, I'd make the pockets right above the knees a little higher on the thighs so when you're walking you're not constantly bouncing things around on your knee. Kind of an annoyance.

I use the ankle pockets because of this. Keys banging against my knee are no good.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Yea, I don't really use those two pockets at all. I could use more pen pockets though, like the old school ones with the pens on the leg pockets and arm pockets. I'm always misplacing my pens.

I'd like another of the flashlight/parachute cutter pockets on the other leg. I use a flashlight in the one I've got since our vest already has a cord cutter in it, and I'd like to keep my folding knife in one of those instead of having it banging around in my leg pocket. It's too beefy to wear in the chest pocket on a clip, so no dice there. But that's just me, I suppose I could just get a thinner knife, but why be practical when we're shooting off at the mouth about what we'd like.