• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School backed up

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I wasn't trying to counter your post

I didn't take it that way. Just wanted to correct my post. I figured the jet guys would eventually come by and correct it for me if I didn't.

Today, I fly AOA-based approaches in virtually every aircraft I fly. It's just easier.

For the aircraft that don't require a calculation for speed, does everything you fly have an AOA indication of some kind? Certain pockets of GA are adopting various flavors of AOA indicators, but I'm not smart on how available they are with the business turbine side.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I didn't take it that way. Just wanted to correct my post. I figured the jet guys would eventually come by and correct it for me if I didn't.

For the aircraft that don't require a calculation for speed, does everything you fly have an AOA indication of some kind? Certain pockets of GA are adopting various flavors of AOA indicators, but I'm not smart on how available they are with the business turbine side.
Textron / Cessna has made AOA indicator standard on the mighty 172 since 2019. (Of course this has more to do with marketing and sales) - but there you go. A new Cessna 172 goes for north of $400K.

I believe this is also an option on C-208 Caravan as well. Will be interesting if this is on the Beechcraft Denali (PC-12 killer)

aoa.jpg

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
For the aircraft that don't require a calculation for speed, does everything you fly have an AOA indication of some kind?
Almost entirely, yes. For the ones that don’t, they’re relatively low fuel-fraction, and have fixed approach speeds (think older 172, etc.), so no computation is necessary.

All the bizjets and turboprops I have flown have an AOA indication of some kind.

Reporting to Pensacola soon as SNA. Will be there for a bit, anyone have recommendations for Pickleball? Didn't see anything on the MWR's insta, not sure if they host at all.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Reporting to Pensacola soon as SNA. Will be there for a bit, anyone have recommendations for Pickleball? Didn't see anything on the MWR's insta, not sure if they host at all.
Check out playtimescheduler.com then select FL->Pensacola
Create a free account, and you can find pickleball playtimes near you.

Near Base:
Malcolm Yonge Gym
(Pensacola)
925 East Jackson St., Pensacola, Florida 32501
Type: Indoor
Courts: 3
Lines: Pickleball only
Nets: Y
Lighted: Y
Phone: 850-436-5195

Near PNS:
Vickrey Resource Center
(Pensacola)
2130 Summit Boulevard, Pensacola, Florida 32503
Lines: Pickleball only
Phone: 850-912-4056

Gulf Breeze:
Gulf Breeze Shoreline Park Recreation Center
(Gulf Breeze)
800 Shoreline Dr., Gulf Breeze, Florida 32561
Lines: Multi-sport
Phone: (850) 934-5140
Notes: (As of 7/22/21, I'd say this is a good place for newbies.) Come join us for fun Adult Pickleball at the Gulf Breeze Shoreline Park Recreation Center. $3 for nonresident. We play indoors in the gym for a small fee of 3.00 The hours of play are Tues. 6:00 -8:45PM, Thurs 6:00 - 8:45PM, Sat. 3:00 - 8:45PM, Sunday 12:30 - 5:45 PM

Last edited: