• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School backed up

AFidk

dumb ensign/SNA
All Done!

Commissioned Navy May 2021
Reported to Pensacola as a SNA in July 2021.
Finished NIFE in November 2021.
Assigned to Milton for Primary: July 2022 - October 2022.
Started Primary at Milton November 2022. Solo T6 April 2023.
Primary completer at Milton - July 2023.
Advanced Helo solo - October 2023.
TH-57C Day Navigation Solo/Instrument Navigation Solo - February 2024
Winged - April 2024 Heading to Norfolk
Total time since reporting to Pensacola to Winging? 2 years, 9 months, 11 days

(no down chits or breaks in training the entire time)
Did you have any pool wait time between primary start and solo?

BravoBeach

pilot
Did you have any pool wait time between primary start and solo?
No. Just major delays in flying due to lack of aircraft, bad weather, lack of IPs. Would go for 2+ weeks between flights and then have to due sims to get ready for flights and they would get cancelled.

BB533

So, what is the current length of time from the start of Primary to Winging. Does one Advanced platform last significantly longer than another? A range would be helpful. Want to be sure we are stateside for Winging.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Advanced question, like most things depends. If you go jets you may or may not have a blade-gate to deal with or another NOBOGGS situation. Advanced is long enough you’ll have at least half a year of heads up likely.

Mouselovr

Contributor
So, what is the current length of time from the start of Primary to Winging. Does one Advanced platform last significantly longer than another? A range would be helpful. Want to be sure we are stateside for Winging.
Primary averages 6-8 months. Shortest I saw someone complete was in 4.5 months, longest was over a year.

Advance - these are all based on what I've been told....
Rotary: 7-9 months
Fixed wing: 4-5 months (hopefully a fixed-wing person can chime in bc I know they wing almost down to the date)
Jets: 1.5-2 years + blade-gate delays
E2/V22: weird combinations of multiple advances...

Roger_Waveoff

pilot
Primary averages 6-8 months. Shortest I saw someone complete was in 4.5 months, longest was over a year.

Advance - these are all based on what I've been told....
Rotary: 7-9 months
Fixed wing: 4-5 months (hopefully a fixed-wing person can chime in bc I know they wing almost down to the date)
Jets: 1.5-2 years + blade-gate delays
E2/V22: weird combinations of multiple advances...
V-22 is 9-10 months since it’s a truncated helo syllabus but the full multi-engine syllabus, with a Milton to Corpus move in there.

jointhelocalizer

pilot
Multi-Engine Advanced alumnus here. As others have said, Primary is a mixed bag. Some people hit the wickets right on and breeze thru. Others will miss a flight by a day and then weather rolls in for a week. But the previous quoted averages are on par.

Multi-Engine Advanced will give you your winging date when you check in and they will bend over backwards to make it happen. The only people I saw get pushed back were people who had medical issues. It took me 5 months to get through, but that’s also based on holidays (I went through August-January, so I had Thanksgiving and leave periods taking a chunk out of my training days).

madiego

No. Just major delays in flying due to lack of aircraft, bad weather, lack of IPs. Would go for 2+ weeks between flights a
How does the contract work once you are winged? Is it really 8 years starts from your winging or from when you commission? Im about to go to OCS this AUG for SNA. During your time training prior to winging, were you getting paid normal as AD?

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
How does the contract work once you are winged? Is it really 8 years starts from your winging or from when you commission? Im about to go to OCS this AUG for SNA. During your time training prior to winging, were you getting paid normal as AD?
Your pay will be normal AD pay and benefits the entire time as you are active duty. Yes, you owe the Navy 8 years from the time you wing (if I recall correctly it’s 8 years plus the remainder of the month, so if you wing on July 2nd you owe to August 1st).

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
In terms of service obligation check out the aviation program authorization, it’s a cut and dry answer.

madiego

Your pay will be normal AD pay and benefits the entire time as you are active duty. Yes, you owe the Navy 8 years from the time you wing (if I recall correctly it’s 8 years plus the remainder of the month, so if you wing on July 2nd you owe to August 1st).
Do years in service still count while in training?