• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Rules and Regs

Status
Not open for further replies.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ok, no matter what, in the program the whiz wheel comes in handy when flight planning, which Road is gonna be doing plenty of as an SNFO. Some guys use the whiz wheel in flight, some guys had the equations on their kneeboards and plugged the numbers into a small calculator in the plane, and some guys are just wicked smart and can do that sh!t on the fly (no pun intended).

Back to the original topic, if you have time now and are bored or something:

(a) play golf, drink heavily, repeat

(b) GET THE GOUGE. It's there. Find it.

(c) If they work for you, make flashcards or whatever memory aid works for you with that gouge. Do it now. Saves some time so you aren't making them at night after class. Hell, ask around, I'm sure someone has them already made up and would part with them for a case of beer.

d_bossart

Speaking of fearing Math, what are the equations and mathematical calculations like that you need to use in flight school and when flying? Another words, what can they be compared to, college level algebra, calculus etc? I took the ASTB 4 years ago and don't really remember what the math was like (it was my weakest area). I'm getting ready to go to TBS in November and am taking college algebra to brush up because I never had to take any upper level math for my major (Poli Sci). Should I continue to take more math classes whenever I can before reporting to P-Cola? Or should I stop obsessing over the issue since I passed the ASTB (even though it was 4 years ago when I was a freshman).

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seriously? Elementary algebra at the most. You don't do real math, not in API or Primary.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
Well, I dunno 'bout you pilot types, but us SNFO's gotta lose the whiz wheel AND the pencil. Everything's gotta be done in the noggin...

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Good old Micheal W strikes again... giving neg rep points on topics he knows nothing about!!! Gotta love when someone who is not in flight training tells you you are giving worthless info.

Status
Not open for further replies.