• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Physical

sundevil

Are flight physicals taken at OCS or afterwards? If you dont pass your flight physical what is your commitment to the Navy?

Wingnut

Kill your television
The flight physical is basically the first thing at API; you get a sort of preliminary physical at MEPS before you go to OCS, but I don't think there's anything directly relating to that between (they do give you dental work, shots, and that sort of thing when you get to OCS though). As I understand it, a lot of people who flunk out of flight school, at any point, are simply being released. I think they used to try and redesignate the people who didn't make it, but it sounds like they're often not even bothering with that anymore (seems like kind of a waste to me). I know if something were to happen to me, I would want to be redesigneted, and I suppose in that [I believe unlikely] event, I would pull whatever strings I could and try to get into something else. I really want to fly, but the prospects as a civilian aviator are dubious; I also want to be in the Navy, so if anything happens to my NA aspirations I'll deal with it and try to stay in as something else. I don't know what commitment you can be held to if you fail your primary commitment, but I do know that if you're redesignated your commitment is the same as anyone else going into that.

ip568

None
Dude. Don't give gouge if you havent done it.

You will get a full flight physical during Indoc week at OCS.

If they are still operating the same way, you will get your flight physical after having run three miles to the dispensary on a 100 degree day.