• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight - movie trailer

zpatman

anybody seen the previews for this? Curious about the takeaway from those here who fly for a living.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Yeah, I rolled the 767 inbound to Oakland to night while shooting the ILS. The needles never budged and I did it so smoothly and at a perfect 1 g that ATC was clueless and neither the pax or FAs knew it happened. My FO was quite impressed. Denzel ain't got shit on me......

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
I kind of want to check out the CVR from real mishaps. Probably more like "What's that noi- SHIT SHIT SHIT!!! PULL UP!"

I go over numerous CVR tapes and scripts as part of teaching CRM at my carrier. Most often the one's I come across are either confusion, like GPWS aurals when not expecting them prior to a CFIT, or moments of pure terror the crew experiences prior to the end. If those kind of accidents are what you are looking for, that's a pretty dark place to go for entertainment/time killing/interesting reads.

There are plenty out there that are epic face palm moments though, for instance, PSA2495 as read here.

Renegade One

None
Yeah, I rolled the 767 inbound to Oakland to night while shooting the ILS. The needles never budged and I did it so smoothly and at a perfect 1 g that ATC was clueless and neither the pax or FAs knew it happened. My FO was quite impressed. Denzil ain't got shit on me......
"No one knew" = "No movie". Sad fact of life...
But I agree...for other reasons...Denzel ain't got shit on you...

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I go over numerous CVR tapes and scripts as part of teaching CRM at my carrier. Most often the one's I come across are either confusion, like GPWS aurals when not expecting them prior to a CFIT, or moments of pure terror the crew experiences prior to the end. If those kind of accidents are what you are looking for, that's a pretty dark place to go for entertainment/time killing/interesting reads.

There are plenty out there that are epic face palm moments though, for instance, PSA2495 as read here.

Yeah, after hearing some of those tapes, I'd rather not again. Very disturbing some of them and very sobering to say the least.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
There are some funny ones:

"Think I can make it?"
"Nope"
"Oh ye of little faith"
it doesn't end well.
All things considered, that one didn't end that badly. Broken plane, no broken people, and one of the all time great CRM class quotes ever.