• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Gouge?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
TurnandBurn55 said:
I have no sympathy for any 20-something male, in the military, who can't run a mile and a half in under 12 minutes. None.

While I agree w/ your sentiment, it's all well and good until said 20-something has to do the run in an environment that's substantially different than what he/she is used to, aka altitude, humidity, and my favorite when I went through API, the bone-chilling 20+ knot wind during an already bone-chilling 32 degree morning.

TrunkMonkey

Spy Navy
They do have remedial PT in API. Not that it is something to aspire to, but even if you were to get less than a good/low, you have several chances to redo the PRT. And as long as you are in good overall shape, the rest of API isn't that bad. I don't know all the details of your specific situation, but getting attrited for this one thing is not likely.

cwc73

pilot
ahaha 12 minute run? What is this? The Air Force?

In case you dont know, their PFT is as follows:
push ups 62 to max
Crunches 55 to max
1.5 mile run. 1230 min; 937? max time

Sorry, no offense to the AF guys. It's just funny. We all give each other hell.

crateofthunder

I am not going to stick up for the Air Force PFT as it is way too easy...
however, those pushups and situps are in one minute as opposed to the Navy 2 minutes...just pointing that out. Your right, 9:36 or better on a mile and 1/2 and you have maxed that portion. It used to be 7:50 which seems more reasonable but I guess some fat four star wanted to be able to say he could still max it!!

That being said, both services (Navy and Air Force) could use an increase in PT requirements from what I have seen around here.

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
TrunkMonkey said:
They do have remedial PT in API.

No, you definitely do not want to get stuck into this category, unless of course you like getting up earlier than you already have to in API. Seriously, train so that you can pass it the first time so that you don't have to go to remedial every day. It will eat up your study time if you do. Train now, and train to max it like previously posted. Good luck, and PM me if you want any training tips.