• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Demo of the latest Russian Fighter Jet

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Those maneuvers sell contracts, they don't win wars.

The second video looked pretty fake to me.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Those maneuvers sell contracts, they don't win wars.

The second video looked pretty fake to me.

EA will win/lose wars. And all you prowler guys stop getting boners right now you are only part of the solution / problem.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
EA will win/lose wars. And all you prowler guys stop getting boners right now you are only part of the solution / problem.

Simple declarative statements like that usually don't hold much water. As soon as you guys get a clue about how to use EA, my boner will go down - Deal? :D For the foreseeable future, VFA is going to be the victim of enemy EA, not the other way around. ;)

Brett

pourts

pilot
Point of order, I am VMFA, so im just a bomb/ missile truck, right?

In all seriousness though EA is important and so is what you can do once you hit the merge. So you can't put all your eggs in the BVR basket, nor the "maneuver inside your own asshole" basket. You still have to plan for and train to merges in case/ when they happen.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Point of order, I am VMFA, so im just a bomb/ missile truck, right?

In all seriousness though EA is important and so is what you can do once you hit the merge. So you can't put all your eggs in the BVR basket, nor the "maneuver inside your own asshole" basket. You still have to plan for and train to merges in case/ when they happen.
Couldn't agree more. VFA/VMFA - same/same. Just reenforces my point about you being on the receiving end of EA. ;) VMFA is like VFA on WIC and food stamps. You'll always be hungry, but just won't have the resources to really do anything about it. :D

Brett

pourts

pilot
Couldn't agree more. VFA/VMFA - same/same. Just reenforces my point about you being on the receiving end of EA. ;) VMFA is like VFA on WIC and food stamps. You'll always be hungry, but just won't have the resources to really do anything about it. :D

Brett

Was being magnanimous. We don't have to be on the reveiving (i before e except after c?) end of EA if money was allocated differently. I am still a fan of yours , and Marine EA, but this day an age it desnt have to be that way.

pourts

pilot
Its rare when the enemies' technology is better than ours...

Kaman

Beech 1900 pilot's; "Fly it like you stole it"
Doesn't all that fancy maneuverability only do you any good should you happen to find yourself in a "knife fight" vs. a BVR engagment? I think it is impressive that the airplane obviously high maneuverability in a low-energy state. However, what utility is this going to be in the modern era of ACM?

pourts

pilot
Doesn't all that fancy maneuverability only do you any good should you happen to find yourself in a "knife fight" vs. a BVR engagment? I think it is impressive that the airplane obviously high maneuverability in a low-energy state. However, what utility is this going to be in the modern era of ACM?

I dunno, how often do you get knifed when you play Call of Duty online? Its kinda like that. :eek:

For a more serious fesponse, see above. A very similar question has already been asked.