• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Attendant Dress Size Controversy

chasejj

SWO? What is this "SWO" you speak of?
Let me guess...talking to women isn't exactly your thing? :eek::D
Hahaha, I am a woman, so talking to them to get in their pants... no not really! Seriously though, those are the hottest attendants I've ever seen if they are what they say.

HornyU2

pilot
None
About 2 weeks ago, while working, I was leaving Northern Italy and walking through the Milan airport with the rest of my crew. The other first officer and I couldn't help but notice how the Italians looked at our gigantic and ancient flight attendents. Their face pretty much said "are you fucking serious?". And yes, there were a couple in the red dress.

The foreign carriers make no secret of their " aesthetic" requirements and I applaud that. Hooters does it- why can't the airlines??

magnetfreezer

For the airline pilot types, is there an actual upper limit on FAs? It would seem there would be some kind of anthro/physical test to make sure they can lift an injured passenger/not jam the exit when evacuating.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
If you go to ANY high-class, expensive service-industry establishment like a luxury hotel/bar/club/condominium building, you will often find a HOT chick working there.

Airlines are just another type of service industry, which actually has the added responsibility of ensuring the crew is physically capable of assisting many people in an emergency. So physical fitness is paramount, and being a service industry, it's only fair to assume that in a competitive market, the most attractive staff will attract the most business.

Are there laws against selective hiring based on looks? If so, that is completely retarded.

Fatties should not be accomodated because somehow in this day and age "Big can be beautiful". It's unhealthy, unattractive and frankly, unacceptable for a service based industry. All it does is lower the bar. In 20 years, will we be able to hire obese folks as our flight attendants for fear of "discriminating"?

And with this rant, I leave you a funny photo:

Photoshop+for+Fat+Chicks.jpg

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
The airlines should hire them as actresses playing a role. You can discriminate on pretty much anything except race, religion or age when auditioning. (And even those you can get around by simply saying that they don't fit the part)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you go to ANY high-class, expensive service-industry establishment like a luxury hotel/bar/club/condominium building, you will often find a HOT chick working there.

Airlines are just another type of service industry, which actually has the added responsibility of ensuring the crew is physically capable of assisting many people in an emergency. So physical fitness is paramount, and being a service industry, it's only fair to assume that in a competitive market, the most attractive staff will attract the most business.

Are there laws against selective hiring based on looks? If so, that is completely retarded.

Fatties should not be accomodated because somehow in this day and age "Big can be beautiful". It's unhealthy, unattractive and frankly, unacceptable for a service based industry. All it does is lower the bar. In 20 years, will we be able to hire obese folks as our flight attendants for fear of "discriminating"?

And with this rant, I leave you a funny photo:

Photoshop+for+Fat+Chicks.jpg

Conversely, I think I'd rather have some corn-fed heffer pull me out of a burning plane than a 100# beauty queen with toothpicks for legs. Just sayin'. :D

Brett

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Conversely, I think I'd rather have some corn-fed heffer pull me out of a burning plane than a 100# beauty queen with toothpicks for legs. Just sayin'. :D

Brett

I'm not sure either could accomplish the task at hand... And if I have to die, it might as well be with a 100lb beauty queen. :D

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
I ran into the flight attendant in charge of hiring for AirTran when I was on a layover in Atlanta. He said all he did was walk around and when he saw hot girls just gave them his card.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
HE!?! This is part of the problem. Did he offer to take them shoe shopping, too, after the interview?

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
I think it is pretty much 'Hags and Fags' these days... At least, from what I have seen out there... But what do I really know; our Flight Attendants are square and made of cardboard...

blackbart22

pilot
Back in the day, fifties and early sixties, stews were A: single, B: under thirty, and C: attractive. If not they were let go or made ticket counter clerks. Also, TransTexas had the best looking group by far.