• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fleet Week NY 2011

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Why the different tail codes on the 312 hornets?

nevermind I figured it out

Well, I still haven't. So why different tail codes on a/c from same squadron? Also, VMFA-312 was the old USMCR fighter squadron at NAS Dallas back in the day. Is it active or reserve today? Thanks for helping the old and CRS afflicted.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gotta love NYC.

"We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft's okay! He's a sailor, he's in New York; we get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble! "
- Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
VMFA-312 is an 'embarked squadron', it's part of CAG -3.
All CAG-3 aircraft have AC as tail codes.

I can't explain the DR though...
Maybe corrosion control hasn't gotten to all the jets yet.

Yankee Uniform Tango
MAGTF display at Rye, NY

IMG_6959.jpg

IMG_6964.jpg

IMG_6977.jpg

IMG_6994.jpg

IMG_6996.jpg

IMG_7032.jpg

IMG_7037.jpg

IMG_7042d.jpg

IMG_7047z.jpg

IMG_7052.jpg

IMG_7059.jpg

IMG_7066.jpg

IMG_7079.jpg

IMG_7083.jpg

IMG_7099.jpg

IMG_7103.jpg

IMG_7136.jpg

IMG_7144d.jpg

IMG_7147b.jpg

IMG_7153.jpg

IMG_7156.jpg

IMG_7186.jpg

IMG_7242.jpg

IMG_7244.jpg

IMG_7269.jpg

IMG_7298.jpg

IMG_7317.jpg

IMG_7319.jpg

IMG_7333b.jpg

IMG_7340.jpg

IMG_7375.jpg

IMG_7384.jpg

IMG_7391.jpg

IMG_7443.jpg

IMG_7457.jpg

IMG_7462.jpg

IMG_7468.jpg

IMG_7470.jpg

IMG_7471.jpg

IMG_7483.jpg

IMG_7495.jpg

IMG_7500.jpg

IMG_7511.jpg

IMG_7528.jpg

phrogpilot73

Where were you at PSW? Chances are we ran into each other; it's possible I even have pics with you in them.
We landed at the Wall St. Heliport, then held in the vicinity of Governer's Island for 45 minutes. When the weather didn't break - back to Wall St, then to Teterboro.

We did hit up McSorley's that night though.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Cute flight doc with those Phrogs

I dig chicks with scissors in their "I don't fly jets" pocket :)

Yankee Uniform Tango
I'll be at Randall Park at 0900 for a MH-60S Fast Rope demo with EODTEU 2. Come check it out!

Would have loved to, but getting to anywhere in LI is always a nightmare - unless you're flying. :)

way too many field grade photos

I knew someone's gonna give me shit for that :) There was full of them in my designated area...since the air display was cancelled, I shot what I saw. The PAO I was working with was happy.

Cool pics from Erik Hildebrandt: http://www.vulturesrow.com/EMPIRE/
Fox News interview with Erik about Fleet Week: http://video.foxnews.com/v/4702364/fleet-week-arrives-in-nyc

Those shots were taken from a NYPD helo - I actually know the cop you can see in one of the pictures (former Army Apache/Blackhawk pilot). Erik's apparently a pretty good guy.

We landed at the Wall St. Heliport, then held in the vicinity of Governer's Island for 45 minutes. When the weather didn't break - back to Wall St, then to Teterboro.

We did hit up McSorley's that night though.

The beer they brew at Sorley's is great and I know most of the people that work there (one of my buds lives right above it), but I just can't stand the smell of those 160 year old floorboards - especially in the summer.

81montedriver

pilot
I was hoping to be the first to comment on the flight doc but everybody beat me to it! I wouldn't mind running into her at the beach.

Without the flight suit of course