• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fleet Week NY 2011

Yankee Uniform Tango
These are just some from today. This thread will continue getting updated as Fleet Week continues.

I managed to speak to a few aviators here and there...I wonder if any AirWarriors are lurking around NYC? :)

IMG_5569.JPG

VMFA-312

IMG_5579.JPG

IMG_5625.JPG

USS Carr

IMG_5640.JPG

HSC-22

IMG_5642.JPG

IMG_5653.JPG

USS Iwo Jima

IMG_5664.JPG

USS John L. Hall

IMG_5668.JPG

USS New York

IMG_5692.JPG

IMG_5700.JPG

IMG_5710.JPG

IMG_5715.JPG

IMG_5771.JPG

IMG_5705.JPG

IMG_5821.JPG

IMG_5791.JPG

LtGen Hejlik

IMG_5863.JPG

leo20307

Rhinos
None
hahahaha 2/c summer cruise once upon a time on the USS Carr...great SWOtivating memories of chipping paint and being the Storekeeper's bitch hauling the trash and assorted other shit all over the ship for 3 and a half weeks in port.

Best quote (paraphrasing of course): one JO telling us that the ship never left port because all they had to defend themselves with from other ships was m-16s

Come to think of it, at least the bridge looked intact. They were missing the entire left bridge weatherdeck hatch (covered over with newspaper for their inspection) and every single bridge chair the entire time I was there. Not to mention the helo track on the flight deck to the hangar bay was missing crucial links here and there and the hangar door wouldn't open.

But it's good to see them out and actually moving.

CAMike

None
Contributor
hahahaha 2/c summer cruise once upon a time on the USS Carr...great SWOtivating memories of chipping paint and being the Storekeeper's bitch hauling the trash and assorted other shit all over the ship for 3 and a half weeks in port.

Best quote (paraphrasing of course): one JO telling us that the ship never left port because all they had to defend themselves with from other ships was m-16s

Come to think of it, at least the bridge looked intact. They were missing the entire left bridge weatherdeck hatch (covered over with newspaper for their inspection) and every single bridge chair the entire time I was there. Not to mention the helo track on the flight deck to the hangar bay was missing crucial links here and there and the hangar door wouldn't open.

But it's good to see them out and actually moving.

leo my boy- The Carr has a colorful history. On the return trip from the Persian Gulf in 1986 and during Caribbean LEO OPS port visits in late 86 and early 87 damn near every bar we visited we were asked one question. Are you guys from the USS Carr? Apparently their reputation as the Fleets Disgruntled Drunks was legendary. Seriously- Some bar tenders told us that if we "were" from the USS Carr they'd kick us out and call the police. This was from Torremolinos to the Black Angus in Puerto Rico. Your visit at another time could have been MUCH worse.

phrogpilot73

I managed to speak to a few aviators here and there...I wonder if any AirWarriors are lurking around NYC? :)
And you missed the beautiful Battle Phrogs come up the Hudson, and around the Lady. Yours truly in the -3 position with PSW photographing the whole thing. PSW and I will be at the Coney Island raid demo today, then I will be headed to East Islip HS tomorrow. Alas, I'd love to stay longer but I have school on Saturday that I can't miss...

leo20307

Rhinos
None
Apparently their reputation as the Fleets Disgruntled Drunks was legendary. Seriously- Some bar tenders told us that if we "were" from the USS Carr they'd kick us out and call the police. This was from Torremolinos to the Black Angus in Puerto Rico. Your visit at another time could have been MUCH worse.

Well I know their little "Days Without a Drinking Incident" counter on the quarterdeck reached a high-water mark of six days before having to be reset when I was there. They were pretty excited at the Khaki Call over that little jewel.

phrogpilot73

I hate you, Stinky.
Well if it makes you feel any better, I essentially spent 30 minutes in the D waiting to land at the Wall Street Heliport, then spent another 30 minutes in the D waiting for the crap weather at the VZ/Coney Island to clear. The single best & most fun raid demo during fleet week, cnx'd for weather.

Yankee Uniform Tango
hahahaha 2/c summer cruise once upon a time on the USS Carr..

There were a few other ships that I took pics of that I didn't put up above. These were: USS John L. Hall (FFG32), USS Kaufman (FFG59), USCG Tampa (WMEC 902) and USCGC Willow (WLB 202). If anyone wants them, let me know.

And you missed the beautiful Battle Phrogs come up the Hudson, and around the Lady. Yours truly in the -3 position with PSW photographing the whole thing. PSW and I will be at the Coney Island raid demo today, then I will be headed to East Islip HS tomorrow. Alas, I'd love to stay longer but I have school on Saturday that I can't miss...

Ah, I got to the Intrepid a tad late...didn't get my press pass secured till the last possible second.

The single best & most fun raid demo during fleet week, cnx'd for weather.

Yeah, it was pretty disappointing. Got to meet some great people though.

Where were you at PSW? Chances are we ran into each other; it's possible I even have pics with you in them.

Yankee Uniform Tango
Pics from Day Two. Not too much aviation, but blame that on the wx (or Stinky :))!

IMG_6071.JPG

IMG_6112b.JPG

IMG_6125.JPG

IMG_6141.JPG

IMG_6087.JPG

IMG_6163.JPG

IMG_6165.JPG

IMG_6203.JPG

IMG_6215.JPG

IMG_6178.JPG

IMG_6135.JPG

IMG_6078.JPG

IMG_6220.JPG

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor

-3? You guys actually had that many up? Impressed.

KBayDog

Well if it makes you feel any better, I essentially spent 30 minutes in the D waiting to land at the Wall Street Heliport, then spent another 30 minutes in the D waiting for the crap weather at the VZ/Coney Island to clear. The single best & most fun raid demo during fleet week, cnx'd for weather.

Beats the shit out of my day.