• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fleet Squadron Uniforms..

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
Hey guys,
Just finished the RAG and after a fun stint in Legal School (awesome :sleep_125 ), I will be heading to cali to start my fleet tour. I was just wondering what type of uniforms to buy. I already have the whites (summer and choker), blues, and poly/wool khakis. I am assuming that I will need to buy some wash khakis. I just wanted to know how many sets and if there is anything else I should pick up before I head out. Let me know. Thanks.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Don't rush out to buy a whole bunch of wash khakis just yet. Ask your fellow JOs when you get to the squadron. In my squadron I almost never wore the khaki shirt because my airwing wore a squadron turtleneck when we stood SDO. I ended up buying 2 khaki shirts, and never opened the second one.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
You'd be safe with one set of long-sleeve wash khakis. The only use of them in our squadron foir aviators was to stand Boat O duty in port. SDO was stood in a khaki flight suit.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Agreed. I think all the Mugu squadrons wear opposite color bags on duty days (desert vs. green) - well, at least ours did. For the boat, one set of wash khakis is plenty.

MasterBates

Other than changes of command and a memorial service, I have not worn anything other than a bag since my winging while I was at my squadron.

Being that HSL deploys on small boys, where there are 5-6 of you and 50 of them (on a CG, anyway), I have had to wear the Penalty Suit (Khakis, Whites, SDB's) for numerous embassy dinners, receptions, and other functions.

We are kind of at the mercy of an O-6 SWO for what you need to wear to eat. First CO, bags except once a week for dinner, next CO, if you did not land, or brief within ~10 minutes of the meal, washed khakis for pilots, poopy suits for SWOs. (That CO HATED aviators).

Next boat, civvies were OK, as long as the Admiral was not eating with us.