• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fleet Battles Backlog at Flight School

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Truth that it was the bracket that the rudder pedals attached to that was wearing out. I was AFDO the afternoon it happened. They had a diagram of it at aircraft issue (which most didn't see because they weren't getting issued aircraft). It took a long time at Whiting to make any headway. Each squadron was getting about three planes a day for about six weeks. I went 31 days between graded events one time, and this was during the last block before soloing. A company came in and set up a little assembly line in one of the hangars and was able to put out about three planes a day. I had the opportunity to go over and look at it since I was still briefing every day and not flying. They had to pull out the instrument panel just to get to the bad part. For what it's worth, people are absolutely torching through the syllabus right now, which is better than before the rudder pedal issue.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
The T-6 cannot come fast enough.

Be careful what you wish for... while fleets of old airplanes sometimes have strange problems from being old, fleets of new airplanes sometimes have strange problems with bugs that need to be ironed out.

Then again, new airplanes smell better. :)

magnetfreezer

Be careful what you wish for... while fleets of old airplanes sometimes have strange problems from being old, fleets of new airplanes sometimes have strange problems with bugs that need to be ironed out.

Then again, new airplanes smell better. :)

2. The AF is having a lot of issues with prop sleeve touchdown on the T-6As; 2 years ago they G-limited the whole fleet as well because of IIRC a wing spar manufacturing defect. Hopefully lessons learned from the A have been incorporated into the T-6B production line.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Bunk, do you know about these rudder issues? This was the first I've heard of it (although I did know that maintenance on the birds wasn't improving).

It looks the others have answered it. I haven't beeen in P-cola since May 15th of last year.