• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flathatting not appreciated @ CX...pilot sacked!

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So what is the big deal with doing a high-speed, low approach over a runway??? I mean for crying out loud, the part of land is made for aircraft to operate. I'm sure some will say "perception," but doesn't a typical civilian already have a very skewed perception of military aviation versus reality?

Raptor2216

"B-757 going vertical"

I stumbled across this little clip of a 757 and thought I should post it up to add to the topic of flathatting. This plane has to be one of the coolest airliners to come out of the Boeing factory!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I don't understand how a low approach could be too low. Especially if I'm also "cleared for the option." I mean, you've just cleared me all the way down to ZERO feet, so 5 or 10 feet should be no problem, right?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't understand how a low approach could be too low. Especially if I'm also "cleared for the option." I mean, you've just cleared me all the way down to ZERO feet, so 5 or 10 feet should be no problem, right?
Well if a low approach to you means 400 knots gear up, you're doing it wrong. :icon_tong

(I have a sneaking suspicion my sarcasm detector may be on the fritz)

Sly1978

Living the Dream
pilot
707 Barrel Roll

I remembered seeing this on the History Channel a couple of years ago. Makes the low pass seem downright tame. I would have posted the YouTube video, but the Army network we're on out here won't let us go to YouTube. Maybe somebody else can post the video. By the way, notice that this pilot was most certainly not sacked.