• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fitrep discontinuity and O-4 board

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
What are guys using as the "definitive" way to ensure you have continuity? I remember almost getting burned for my O-4 board because one database said I was good (I think it was my CD) but another said I was missing one or two. When I called the guys at PERS, they showed that, sure enough, I was missing things.

I'm using the Bupers BOL Continuity Report which says I'm good, but I never fully trust their "system." Especially when I keep having to submit awards over and over again.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
What are guys using as the "definitive" way to ensure you have continuity? I remember almost getting burned for my O-4 board because one database said I was good (I think it was my CD) but another said I was missing one or two. When I called the guys at PERS, they showed that, sure enough, I was missing things.

I'm using the Bupers BOL Continuity Report which says I'm good, but I never fully trust their "system." Especially when I keep having to submit awards over and over again.

I won't say "definitive" but go to the BUPERS website: https://secure.bol.navy.mil/menu.aspx
You want to look at the links for
1. ODC, OSR, PSR, ESR
2. Official Military Personnel File.

You can have disparity between the two. For example, one of my awards is mission in my ODC, but the OMPF actually have both award write-ups in the file.
Both systems are updated separately and they do not "cross-talk". If you find an error in one, the website will tell you who to call to correct it. Usually you can just fax or scan/email the records into the person on the phone and it will be updated about a week or so later. (Time depends on what's going on at NPC. If it's a month before the ACSB or a promotion board that your not elligible for, then they'll get to you after they do all the folks who are ellible for the upcoming board.)

There is also a way to review your record under NSIPS: https://nsips.nmci.navy.mil/nsipsclo/jsp/index.jsp
I don't know if this system is used by Millington for official (read: promotion/selection) purposes. I know that it is out there and it's a third system, but I don't know if it needs to be synched up to the two BOL links.

Hope that helps....

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Thanks for the gouge. The OMPF (basically your CD) was one of the two things I was using. The FITREP Continuity checker is also located in the same place (BOL). For me, they're matching right now, but it seems ridiculous to have so many different systems. Yes, this is my first week in the Navy and I'm naive.

I wouldn't trust NSIPS with anything. That seems to be mostly GIGO, especially with personal data, but I may be a bit jaded.