• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fitness

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
There is a good thread that talks about crossfit on here. Definately a great way to loose weight and keep lean muscle. Lots of people talk about it on here because it works. My buddy played D in college and has been crossfitting with me to stay within standards. Works great for him and he eats pretty much whatever he wants.

Grizzly

Yeah, Who would have thought it! But it's hard to imagine that some people don't understand the difference between wonderbread vs real bread (The kind that has to be chewed and doesn't melt in your mouth like a French pastry.) Oh and you could also check out that p90 program I have a friend who lost over 50 pounds doing it.

jtmedli

pilot
Oh and you could also check out that p90 program I have a friend who lost over 50 pounds doing it.

I'm very skeptical of P90x. Everyone that I know that raves about it are the same people who eat like crap and are pretty lazy in general. Changing the average American's diet and getting them off the couch for an hour a day would cause most to lose quite a bit of weight.

I'm not bashing it, but I am saying that I do think that the Olympic lifting combined with the push/pull/abs style of some of the other WOD's is going to be more effective.

The Paleo Diet is actually more food than it looks like. The general rule of thumb is: Meat portion about the size of your fist and then fill the plate with veg/fruit/etc.... So you actually do end up eating quite a bit while cutting out the complex carbs (bread, pasta, complex dairy). Personally, I don't follow it because I'm trying to gain weight, but people that I know who are trying to lose weight swear by it. I think the OP said he wanted to go from 235 to 185 so that's why I mentioned it. I actually have to force myself to eat/lift twice as much as I want to just stay above 150.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I'm very skeptical of P90x. Everyone that I know that raves about it are the same people who eat like crap and are pretty lazy in general. Changing the average American's diet and getting them off the couch for an hour a day would cause most to lose quite a bit of weight.

I'm not bashing it, but I am saying that I do think that the Olympic lifting combined with the push/pull/abs style of some of the other WOD's is going to be more effective.

The Paleo Diet is actually more food than it looks like. The general rule of thumb is: Meat portion about the size of your fist and then fill the plate with veg/fruit/etc.... So you actually do end up eating quite a bit while cutting out the complex carbs (bread, pasta, complex dairy). Personally, I don't follow it because I'm trying to gain weight, but people that I know who are trying to lose weight swear by it. I think the OP said he wanted to go from 235 to 185 so that's why I mentioned it. I actually have to force myself to eat/lift twice as much as I want to just stay above 150.

Have you done P90x? It's pretty much a push pull press ab routine...

I like the p90x workouts, for the most part. I tailored it to what I want to do (basically add more cardio and get rid of the BS kenpo workout)

The diet... eh... I already eat pretty healthy so I don't use theirs.

I'm not a big crossfit guy, you need too much stuff... though if you have the stuff crossfit works well. I guess I find it more convenient to workout a home rather than compete for equipment at the gym.

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
P90X is about Physique

Crossfit is about total fitness, physique is just a by-product.

Both will will slim you down and focus on muscle confusion. As far as Crossfit needing too much stuff, granted there is only so much you can do with just your own body but ive seen the most creative workouts by crossfit that dont require much, see photos.CFI7.jpgCFI4.jpgCFI5.jpgCFI2.jpgCFI3.jpgCFI6.jpgCrossfitImprov.jpg

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Crossfit workouts require too much stuff? I don't think so.

Yes there are some that require gear, but usually those can be adapted if you don't have the gear. Part of the Crossfit doctrine is minimalism.