• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapergm

Whats up guys. So even though I got negged from 184, Im going back at it with everything Ive got. One of the things I decided to do was start flight school. Thanks to the advice of my oso and Spin, I took my discovery flight today at a local airport. IT WAS SO AWESOME! Man, it made me realize how much I cant give up on this goal! (Although I havent really begun formalized lessons, so its still fun...). It was really amazing though. Im sure most of you guys have flight time under your belt. But for a newbie like me, it was just a great time! I was nervous, but we'll see what happens. I wish so bad I was going to be with you guys at 184. But I'll get there eventually. I hope they find a sudden need for NFOs.

olpa9901

Been there, (PNS) Done that.
Just make sure you at least a lesson or two in a decathalon or champ so that you can fly upside down. If you thought the flight discovery was fun...just wait until your inverted.

AviatorMR239

Save the acro stuff until after you get your private, they don't give you as much stick time if you aren't a pilot, plus those are taildraggers and you can get your tail-wheel sign off if you have your private first.

Tell us more about your experience man, did the instructor give you the stick most of the time? Take it from me, your relationship with your instructor is of utmost importance. Have you signed up for lessons yet? part 61 or 141? what are you gonna fly?

It may not compete with the thrill of dancing with a hornet, but i love general aviation. I try to fly once a week, even if it's just throwing a 152 at the pavement a dozen times perfecting my landings.

Also go but a current FAR/AIM and a red Gliem study guide, and study them religiously. The more studying you do at home, the less hours you'll have to spend in ground school, and you'll make more efficent use of your flight time. So many students show up unprepared and spend half their flightime going over stuff they could have learned on the ground. Also make notes after each flight, your instructor should do this, but if he/she has lots of students they can forget exactly what you covered last time.

Get current sectional charts for your area, at least two for your immediate area because one you'll mark up quite a bit during your learning.

Nothing in the world compares to private pilot training... maybe it's a ratty old trainer or a newer 172... but the first time you solo, pilot-in-command of an airplane.... it's undescribeable.. good luck man and have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.