• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First flight of the P-8A Poseidon and all things related to transition

Sky-Pig

Retired Cryptologic Warfare / Naval Flight Officer
None
Good Lord . . . that's like Stealth, but cheesier.

This was played for the audience at a MPR Commander's Conference a few years back...the giggling from the audience sort of ruined the "drama"...and Boeing wouldn't respond to our many requests for a copy:icon_tong.

I especially like the fact that they are on station at 1+50 from intial call for the Poseiden. The Nav would still be picking up box lunches at that point...

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
By the way, here's another moto video for you P-8 fans out there. I don't think it was posted yet so enjoy!

Wait a minute! What kind of fantasy video is this?

If they were trying to portray an actual flight, they would have shown the IFT in the back spouting obscenities towards the flight station because they are pulling those sharp turns as he is bent over holding a 39lb bouy. Also, there would be a box of taquitos on tin foil sitting on the center console.

utak

That looks like an intro of a poorly funded video game, much like this.

watch

Even the format is similar.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
First flight of the P-8A Poseidon

A couple motivational pictures here of the new P-8A Poseidon, all freshly painted, and getting ready for the first flight in a couple days. This is a reality for those of you in training now. Enjoy!

Attachments

• P8-2.jpg
    P8-2.jpg
    861.6 KB · Views: 971
  • P8-3.jpg
    P8-3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 998
  • P8-1.jpg
    P8-1.jpg
    952.4 KB · Views: 970

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
First flight in less than a week. 4 aircraft in production for testing, this is a picture of the first bird. FIT is standing up, and expect the first squadron delivery and tranistion in 2012, with first deployment in 2013. A complete P8A ramp in Jax by 2016.

I posted in this thread since Advanced (props) will still be the pipeline to both the P3 and P8. I could of posted it only in the Private Orion thread :) But figured others would be interested.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
wow...thats props?? That is a good looking plane...got any specs on it yet??

Yeah dude, here you go:
Boeing 737 :p

Looks pretty nice I must say. Any idea if there will still be reserve VP in the future, and if so, will they just be thrown the old P-3 airframes like they did with the P-2V?

Also, I wonder if Big Navy will consider sending P-8 studs to train with the AF, since they fly basically the same airframe with some differences. From everything I have gathered, there are some fundamental differences between flying big jets and a prop aircraft like the P-3.....if this is true, are they just planning on having studs jump straight from the TC-12/44 into the RAG for the jet, or could they do T-1/jet appreciation training or something like that as well?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Good looking plane. I wonder how long we hear the question, what % get P-8's?? Which could fall under, what % get jets?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Seems like it will be a pretty cool airframe with a lot of capabilities. Not to mention that it would be pretty impressive for those guys/girls who want to end up with SWA in their next life :)