• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Find an OSO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ander37

K-rock
How did you all find your OSO? I looked on marineofficer.com and just found a form that you submit with most of your info and sent that in, but nothing came back (that was a week ago). There is a Navy recruiter in Seattle, but I don't think it would be wise to call him up and ask. :icon_smil
I would imagine there would have to be a Marine OSO is Seattle somewhere.

Broadsword2004

I never found my OSO, he found me lol. I just went to www.marines.com, the Marine Corps official website, selected the "Officer" section, then selected the "Request More Information" thing. Then I got e-mailed some days later by an OSO. I kept in touch with him, and he said I should arrange a meeting, blah blah, etc....you get the idea.

I like how the Marine Corps site though says to "Request more information," yet then the information packet they send says, "More information can be found on the official Marine Corps website..." :confused: :confused: the reason I sent for the packet was for info NOT on the website.

MNU-OCS

i have a problem finding an OSO in the area where i will be going to college. I am near St. Louis, Missouri right now but i will be going to college near Kansas City. I want to talk the OSO in the Kansas City area and im afraid that if i go online and request more info then i will either get the local recruiting substation or the St. Louis OSO which wouldnt help me. So would any of you have any idea of how i can find the OSO in the Kansas City area?

trongod46

pilot
on the marines web page you in an email you can state which area youd like to contact, if the wrong area OSO contacts you, he will give you whatever numbers you will need for you area.

makoslim

Air candidate 188
And you dont have to worry about the local recruiter contacting you, they have nothing to do with the comissioned side of the Corps, they recruit enlisted marines, if you want officer info, you will only be contacted by an OSO.

stevew

Try calling 1-800-MARINES tell them where you are located and they will give you the phone number to the OSO in you district.

Merlin

Merlin
Here's an idea that worked for me. Go to the local Marine recruiters office and ask for the OSO's number for your area, or call. Most recruiters will help you out.

Merlin

horned frog

Merlin's right. That's how I was put in touch with my OSO. Just be sure the recruiter understands you are only interested in OCS. Just my .02

samadma

OCC-169 Grad
Go to www.marineofficer.com and put in your information. On occassion it has given enlisted recruiters names of people that want to be officers. However, just make sure you hit all the right buttons, and you should get a response from an actual OSO in your area. I know there's an OSO up there, or at least in your region.

CLAM97to99

When I was looking at the Marines I filled out the request more info page and an OSO called me the next day.

ander37

K-rock
I just got my package of information in the mail yesterday. I filled out the form last week and haven't received a call.
I'll put more effort into it when finals week is over. :(

muc1

If you do not like the OSO you have or the district commander, switch...

You can submit your package through any office in the U.S. I'm not sure how PFTs would work though. I was told I could 'shop' my package around to a district less competitive or one that gave out waivers easier.

PanzerBjorn

The Seattle area OSO's # is 2066320140. The office is located pretty close to UW. Which program are you applying for?

ander37

K-rock
I am going to apply for pilot via OCC 190. I think 190 is right, whatever the one in October 2005 is. I graduate in middle of June, so I can't apply for 189.

Thanks for the number though, I will give a try.

samadma

OCC-169 Grad
If you're in college or law school you have to go with the OSO in your area.

If you're a college graduate or a lawyer that has passed the bar, you can go to any OSO you want.

However, rememeber the age requirements:

Ground: Age cutoff 28
Air: Age cutoff 27 1/2
Law: Age 28 cutoff (Sometimes waivered to 30)

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.