• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Financial Assistance Program

C-BASS

Hey everybody I just had a question that I am hoping someone can help me clear up. I applied for FAP after my junior summer at OCS. When I applied for it, I was told it is $350.00 per academic month, which would be a bit less than $3000.00 per academic year. However, I only recieved $1,575.00 for this year, and i cannot figure out why. $350.00 multiplied by my eight month acadecic year should come out to $2,800.00. I cannot get a straight answer from my OSO, and i was really counting on getting around that amount to get me through this year. Any answers I can get would be greatly appreciated. I would like to get some information about this so I can talk to my OSO with facts rather than just about what I thought. Thanks!

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
If I can remember correctly, I received $1300 per semester in the FAP. Obviously, it's gone up since then. Perhaps the amount you received was for one semester only?

VAmookie

yes, FAP comes twice an academic year, whether youre on semesters, trimesters or quarters. But the USMC has scheduled payments based on the semester calender