• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

finally shot my K98

xmid

pilot
Contributor
nkawtg said:
Nice story about the WWII bring-back. Different story nowadays, some RNLAF SGTs got recently busted overhere while smuggling two AK-47s home in a Apache airframe. The judge has nothing with war trophy's.
1st class career stopper :(

There is an article in the NRA's most recent magazine about a bill in the Senate to allow another amnesty period to veterans for their war trophies. There have been a couple of these in the past and they would only apply to full autos, since you dont have to register semi-autos. It probably wont get far though. Awesome K98 by the way! I want one, and 8mm is very affordable. I have seen deals that make it cheaper to shoot than 9mm!

ItsTurboTime

Well, I said I'd get around to it, so here are the markings. I couldn't get a good shot showing them because they're small and hard to see, so I did the best I could with MS paint. 768 is stamped on each part of the gun. There may be other markings that are so small they are tough to distinguish from scratches and bumps. My knowledge of guns is pretty minimal so I don't really know what any of the markings mean (other than the eagle of course).

Attachments

• labeled.JPG
    labeled.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 66

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ItsTurboTime said:
Well, I said I'd get around to it, so here are the markings. I couldn't get a good shot showing them because they're small and hard to see, so I did the best I could with MS paint. 768 is stamped on each part of the gun. There may be other markings that are so small they are tough to distinguish from scratches and bumps. My knowledge of guns is pretty minimal so I don't really know what any of the markings mean (other than the eagle of course).

You have a dou 44 K98, made in 1944 by Waffen Werke Brunn AG, in Bystrica.

If you want all the nitty gritty details, I suggest asking these guys: http://gunboards.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=4

nice gun... wanna sell/trade it?