• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

finally shot my K98

ItsTurboTime

Finally cleaned and shot my German infantry 8mm K98 today. My gradfather picked it up in WWII (he was US Army). It's a real peice of history and alot of fun to shoot.

Attachments

• DSCF0230.JPG
    DSCF0230.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 224
  • DSCF0234.JPG
    DSCF0234.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCF0235.JPG
    DSCF0235.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 204

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ItsTurboTime said:
Finally cleaned and shot my German infantry 8mm K98 today. My gradfather picked it up in WWII (he was US Army). It's a real peice of history and alot of fun to shoot.
Who's that in the picture?

ItsTurboTime

Yeah, yeah. It's pretty rare for me to grow it out this much. I have to wear glasses due to upcoming PRK, and glasses with the shaved head looks ridiculous. I'll be hearing the soothing sounds of the clippers soon enough.

The gun. The thread is about the gun.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ItsTurboTime said:
Yeah, yeah. It's pretty rare for me to grow it out this much. I have to wear glasses due to upcoming PRK, and glasses with the shaved head looks ridiculous. I'll be hearing the soothing sounds of the clippers soon enough.

The gun. The thread is about the gun.
Hippie

Nice gun btw...but you should use double hearing protection

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
ItsTurboTime said:
That thing is a WW2 bring-back!!?? Amazing!! It looks mint in the 1st picture.

I still have not purchased a Gew. 98 or K98k--- and some mint, unissued examples are still available today from the former Yugoslavia, where they were made under license. Just haven't made the commitment to stocking yet another caliber of ammunition. Maybe I should have it re-barreled in 7.62 NATO, but then, what WOULD be the point of owning it???

Plus, the Germans were the losers .. :)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
8mm is nice and cheap to stock if you are ok with corrosive old ammo

I want a German K98 bad

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pics of the receiver! I want to see the markings. Make, date, etc...

I love my RC K98. Just need to get some more.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ghost119 said:
There are some good K98's from Mitchell's Mausers. There are some that are extremely overpriced, but there are also some that are around $500.

Mitchell's Mausers is a f_cking scam. Those guys have some deceptive practices. Their Mausers are mostly Yugos that they deceptively advertise as German and charge way more than they're worth.

You would be a fool to buy from them.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
I got a really nice Yugo 48A from a local shop for about $125...stock is a bit beat, but the bore is beautiful, and the bluing on the receiver is just enough worn to make it look nice and cool.

Haven't shot it yet for the same ammo reasons...I am waiting on my shipment of surplus 8MM from AIM Surplus to get in.

East

东部
Contributor
Nice story about the WWII bring-back. Different story nowadays, some RNLAF SGTs got recently busted overhere while smuggling two AK-47s home in a Apache airframe. The judge has nothing with war trophy's.
1st class career stopper :(

ItsTurboTime said:
That thing looks to be in GREAT shape. What year is stamped on the receiver?