• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select!!

badger16

None
Congrats guys. I really hope i'll get the chance to join you for the wonderful RI winter. Word can't come soon enough. Congrats again!

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Geez, seems like nobody I know has a Jan. date. Oh well, the sooner it starts the sooner it ends. I guess I could roll myself, naw.

Congrats guys!

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Geez, seems like nobody I know has a Jan. date. Oh well, the sooner it starts the sooner it ends. I guess I could roll myself, naw.

Congrats guys!

My recruiter actually said that they were looking for people to fill the January 5th class so if I wanted to, I could start January 5th. That wasn't really even possible considering I have so much to do here before leaving, including getting in better shape this last month in a half. Skim, I'm sure you'll end up in my class :D j/k

schwarti

Contributor
Once you've got the medical clearance, security thing done and PRT passed, what do you do besides wait? Is there anything between when your recruiter calls to tell you that you're just waiting for the letter and when you actually get it?

skim

None
Contributor
Not sure what you mean exactly. But, what happened for me is after getting pro-rec I would call every other week and then as time moved on I was almost calling every other day. I just didn't want crap happening like it did with my pro-rec. Once my background cleared I was final select. Then it took about 2 weeks for my selection letter to arrive and then swore in. I got a congrats letter yesterday from OCS, welcoming me. Does that help?

schwarti

Contributor
Yeah, thanks. Basically, my recruiter called and said I cleared everything and we're just waiting for the letter, but I don't want to jump the gun and start celebrating until I have my name on that contract. :D

skim

None
Contributor
I felt the same way! When I got my final I was trying not to be too excited until my name was on the dotted line. Sure enough, I was supposed to swear in and then told to wait since the letter hadn't arrived yet. One week letter I raised my hand 'so help me god".

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
Just to add......I received my Final Select and OCS acceptence(welcome aboard) letter. :D It looks like there is some good info on the acceptance letter. It says something about a mentor. What are your thoughts on one? I should be recieving orders within the next couple of weeks. Unofficial OCS date is still either May 10 or 24.

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
Hmmm, I'm a final select SNFO but I never got a letter from OCS or anything =P not yet atleast. And it doesn't seem like they interviewed any one of my friends and references for my background either. do you guys know why that is?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Just to add......I received my Final Select and OCS acceptence(welcome aboard) letter. :D It looks like there is some good info on the acceptance letter. It says something about a mentor. What are your thoughts on one? I should be recieving orders within the next couple of weeks. Unofficial OCS date is still either May 10 or 24.

You will get getting a mentor at OCS. His First Name will be Gunny (or perhaps Staff Sergeant), but you can't call him that. You'll call him sir. He will REALLY know how to motivate you. :D